This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] mp 66

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $4.82 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 49
      BTN: $0.98 - VPIP: 95, PFR: 27, 3B: 17, AF: 3.0, Hands: 22
      SB: $7.44 - VPIP: 57, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 1.4, Hands: 67
      BB: $2.48 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 8, 3B: 5, AF: 5.0, Hands: 64
      UTG: $4.85 - VPIP: 40, PFR: 22, 3B: 7, AF: 2.5, Hands: 579
      Hero (MP): $14.45 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 61105

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with 6 :heart: 6 :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.10, 1 fold, BTN raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.28, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, BTN calls $0.68 all in, SB calls $1.70 For value!!

Flop: ($5.03) A :spade: T :spade: K :club: (3 players - 1 is all in)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.03) T :diamond: (3 players - 1 is all in)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.03) 5 :diamond: (3 players - 1 is all in)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $5.03
      BTN shows 4 :diamond: A :heart:
      SB shows J :heart: A :club:
      Hero mucks 6 :heart: 6 :club:
      BTN wins $1.43
      (Rake: $0.21)
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think your play could potentially be good, if BU just stacks off with all sorts of rubbish, and SB folds a good amount of the time (I think his range for cold calling here could be super wide).

However I think given the stack depth vs SB i am reluctant to do so. If you had 100BB or less I think your play is fine.

I'm also not sure why you are min-raising preflop. It's probably not a good play in a low stakes Fullring game as a default size, when you easily get a bunch of chain callers and find yourself stuck in some multiway pot with hardly any equity in the hand.

I could see an argument for min-raising with a small PP though, it's not as weak as an open limp, but still allows you to seize the initiative and not bloat up the pot too much. But in general I just don't like this min-raise.

Only time it's ever good in early position is if you are playing a hyper aggro 6max game, like NL500 Zoom, with a ton of 3betting going on.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

I think your play could potentially be good, if BU just stacks off with all sorts of rubbish, and SB folds a good amount of the time (I think his range for cold calling here could be super wide).

However I think given the stack depth vs SB i am reluctant to do so. If you had 100BB or less I think your play is fine.

I'm also not sure why you are min-raising preflop. It's probably not a good play in a low stakes Fullring game as a default size, when you easily get a bunch of chain callers and find yourself stuck in some multiway pot with hardly any equity in the hand.

I could see an argument for min-raising with a small PP though, it's not as weak as an open limp, but still allows you to seize the initiative and not bloat up the pot too much. But in general I just don't like this min-raise.

Only time it's ever good in early position is if you are playing a hyper aggro 6max game, like NL500 Zoom, with a ton of 3betting going on.
      +1, really nice
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze