[NL2-NL10] Im So Angry Right Now

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2026422
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $12.65 - VPIP: 69, PFR: 36, 3B: 18, AF: 2.4, Hands: 91, openraise: 50%, from EP: 54%, donk: 33%, Fto3bet: 0%
      Hero (MP): $15.29 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 61173
      CO: $19.83 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 4.0, Hands: 12
      BTN: $3.00 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 12
      SB: $10.69 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 35
      BB: $6.55 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 33, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 12

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with Q :heart: K :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.15) A :spade: 7 :club: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.00, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($4.15) 8 :club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.15) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70

I just cant fold it. I'm unable to fold this against SUCH A FUCKIN loose player. I really cant fold it, I'm unable. I'm not willing to fold the best non-pair hand vs this guy. I cant, I cant, I cant. Am I a calling station? This is just so fuckin sick, 50%% range, and OF COURSE it overflops me. I'm getting tired of always having a worse hand. ALWAYS. KQs vs 50% guy looks good, no? WRONG, as soon as that A hits the board (and it will, trust me), It's worth shit, 0, null.

Should I only play with AA? With every other hand I just keep loosing. KK, of course A comes. Qq? ofc A comes, AND THEY HAVE IT. EVERY FUCKIN TIME. When I have something and bet for value, they fold. When I BET THE SAME AMOUNT as a bluff, OF COURSE THEY ALL CALL.

Fuck this shit, I really dont know what to do. I'm really puzzled. Why do I keep getting overflopped? I flop a flush, another guy flops a better flush. I flop TPTK in 3bet pot, he flops 2p.

I flop set, he flops straight.

I get KK, other guy gets AA.

Is PLO better? This is fuckin insane. Every one of my hands get cracked. Should I just fold-fold-fold until I have the nuts? This is crazy

2) I'm learning my ass off here. I post hands all the times, read the evaluation, read articles etc, but I just dont seem to improve. I put SO MUCH time in this game, but still, I make mistakes like this... This is insane, am I a retard, who is unable to learn? I have language exams, I AM able to learn different languages. I'm VERY good at math, was best at high-school.
      Then why cant I do it here....
  • 8 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

i'm not going to address your mental-game issues though you clearly have some. That's not my specialty, go read Jared Tendler or Tommy Angelo's stuff if u want to work on it.

Preflop: It's fine to iso3bet this weak player.
      Flop: Just fold, I may float if i had backdoors.
      Turn: I don't think I want to showdown King high. I'll just bluff the Turn after calling the Flop.
      River: Pure spew IMO. he can have so many other hands. You need a really strong read that he does this with random hands for your play to be good here.
    • lood88
      lood88
      Bronze
      Hi Imimba1,

Been going through same thing last few weeks. Just tighten up a bit to cut your losses.
      It will pass sooner or later, has to :)
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lood88
      Hi Imimba1,

Been going through same thing last few weeks. Just tighten up a bit to cut your losses.
      It will pass sooner or later, has to :)
      I took a week off, NO poker for one week. Well, I cooled down, and I'm back on track. Yep, far the best advice is to play tighter.
      I got on tilt from numerous coolers before, and I just couldnt take it. It's much better now.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      My problem is, that he is just so loose. Opening 50% of hands, and folding no hands to a 3bet... Maybe the fact that he donks 33%, and this is an A-high flop is enough to fold? I just have this notion of ,,he's range is SO WIDE, K-high should be good on the flop." On the river it's pure spew I agree.
      It's incedibly difficult to put villain on a hand.
    • BradNitt
      BradNitt
      Platinum
      you should focus on your own game and play max ev and not on villains mistakes. Let it be should be good for you. Look for spots were you have it. And if this guy is tiltin you hard take another table
    • RKBB65
      RKBB65
      Bronze
      I feel your pain, but it seems to me that once that Ace hits on the flop, and be grateful its on the flop and not the River, that you can assume your hand is dominated by some knob who's playing 'Any Ace'.... I see it all the time, and they just wont lay down... so unless I have a really strong draw I've learnt to just wait for a better postion, doesn't mean I always do, but I'm working on that! I've found that more often then not pushing with JJ, QQ, or KQ wont do you any favours when you're up against A 5 and the token Ace hits.... its a fucking shame that hands you'd get a hard on over in a live poker room tend to fist fuck you online......
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think your main problem is that you just overthink most of the situations.
      What I mean is that if you just start playing straight-forward you could beat this limit in two weeks or so. There is no need of hero calls with K high here where he can end up having 22 for no logical reason and we will loose.
      Not only our bankroll suffers from this, but our mental game.

And to be clear, I'm not saying that you shouldn't think when you play, but you should probably start thinking on a lower level.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

I think your main problem is that you just overthink most of the situations.
      What I mean is that if you just start playing straight-forward you could beat this limit in two weeks or so. There is no need of hero calls with K high here where he can end up having 22 for no logical reason and we will loose.
      Not only our bankroll suffers from this, but our mental game.

And to be clear, I'm not saying that you shouldn't think when you play, but you should probably start thinking on a lower level.

Best,
      Plamen
      Very good advice, thanks a lot!