[NL20-NL50] turn play

• daisuke3823
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, J.
      Hero raises to $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50, CO folds, BU calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($5.25) A, K, 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.25, MP3 folds, BU calls $3.25.

Turn: ($11.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $7.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $11.75.
      his stats in 28 hands vpip15 pfr11 af2 wtsd33  
      I think I misplayed? I should bet turn,and fold to raise?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

BU seems tight. Not sure how many speculative hands like Th9h he would play preflop. I don't think you are beating much though so c/f Turn is fine.

I think the worst Ace he can have here is AQo and maybe some AXs. Would he bet those hands on the Turn? Maybe but I think he is likelier to check back. He also has 88, perhaps even AK which didn't squeeze.

Does he float you 3way with QJs JTs QTs gutshots? Would he call KQ and turn it into a bluff on the Turn? If the answer is no to all the questions posed above, this is a c/f. If the answer is yes to some, you have to consider calling. I prefer to c/c with at least one spade in my hand (maybe AsJh for example).

I think the 3way dynamic makes this nitty guy continue really tightly vs your flop cbet but i could be wrong. High WTSD doesn't tell too much over small sample, maybe fold to flop cbet could be useful (but then again you have small sample).