[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 69s

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      SB 21/16/2.4/6.3/19/224hands
      RFI from SB 70%
      call 3b 100%(1) not that it really matters here

Thought calling/3betting are both ok since his range is so wide, plan was to call & raise decent flops.
      3betting might be a better I think.

Looked like a good spot to turn my hand into a bluff with pair BDFD & his range being so air heavy.
      Planned to barrel spades, but afterwards thought that might not be so good since his flop calling range vs my raise is almost all Ax.

MP: $30.88 (123.5 bb)
      CO: $25.92 (103.7 bb)
      BTN: $4.80 (19.2 bb)
      SB: $29.94 (119.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $73.95 (295.8 bb)
      UTG: $10 (40 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 6
      4 folds, SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) Q A 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero raises to $3.50, SB folds

Results:
      $4 pot ($0.20 rake)
      Final Board: Q A 6
      SB mucked and lost (-$2 net)
      Hero mucked 9 6 and won $3.80 ($1.80 net)
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think 96s could be a call vs a 3BB open. It feels too weak to call vs a 4BB open though, despite the 70% range. You definitely need to pound a lot on him postflop to make up for it.

Flop: Call or raise are both fine, but I feel that you rep air way harder when you raise. It's ok if he doesn't play back at you. But anyone who can hand read knows that you only rep 66 and A6. You shouldn't really have AA QQ AQ so I typically prefer floating here since you can rep AX and a wider range of value hands.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Hey thanks, what's your turn plan if we float?
      Obv bet vs missed cbet i guess, but if he barrels are you raising some turns? Like spades? Or just giving up.

I plan to call flop/bluffraise turn sometimes in similar spots but usually don't have the balls to follow through with it when they barrel :D
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      Hey thanks, what's your turn plan if we float?
      Obv bet vs missed cbet i guess, but if he barrels are you raising some turns? Like spades? Or just giving up.

I plan to call flop/bluffraise turn sometimes in similar spots but usually don't have the balls to follow through with it when they barrel :D
      Hey Danny,

For 25nl this is fine because most players are not good hand readers or they don't act on their "reads" (ex: we don't rep anything, he knows that but still can't do anything about it).

Back to your question regarding floating, what do you think villain would barrel with?

Usually its a Ax hand, Qx, possibly draws (gutshots, or backdoors).

So raising turn makes sense if we follow through on many rivers and villain is not a station (then getting to fold an Ax would be a pain).

And since we raise turn rather than flop we usually represent a much stronger range since we could slowplay the flop often.