5bet with Aces, hand mysteriously disappears

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      The problems with WPT/party have gone too far now.

I was just involved in a hand in fastfoward where I 3bet/min5bet called a jam with Aces.

Soon as the money is in "connection problems" message appears over my table. The next thing, I've reconnected and my stack is back to the default. At first I assumed I must have just lost.

When I check my online balance though, it hasn't gone up OR down a buyin. There is no record of the hand in the hand-history. It's as if the hand never happened. Seriously do WPT/party think I'm just not going to notice when I get allin preflop with aces and the hand mysteriously disappears??

I need some advice, because they are not going to believe I ever played the hand. As far as I'm concerned these guys owe me 85.097% of a buyin because this is the equity of Aces vs any 2.
  • 40 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Was hand recorded by tracking tool?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by ghaleon
      Was hand recorded by tracking tool?
      No, the very first thing I did was check my HEM, it's not there.

Right after that I checked the HH in the WPT client, it's not there.

Finally I checked my balance and noticed it was the same as it was before the hand.

A similar thing happened before maybe a week ago. I reached showdown with KQ and the hand mysteriously disappeared. I requested the hand-histories from WPT via support and there is no trace of that either. I lost 10bb in that instance, but in this case I'm out just under a buyin in EV.
    • lood88
      lood88
      Bronze
      Hi,

Had exactly the same situation yesterday. So, 6 max, I hit middle set vs fish. Having over 50% stack in pot, shoving turn and as I shoved server freeze. No money, no hand history either on client or HEM
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      I posted a comment about 6 weeks back, concerning a Pokerfuse news story about a software malfunction on Party, which led to hole cards displaying as premium, and then mysteriously turning to rags at showdown. Apparently this had been discussed in the PS German community. There had been no news feature about it, nor any previous English-language discussion.

The PS adminisration altered the title of my thread to Pokerfuse story - cards display issue, and were basically upset that I was even raising such a matter.

This present thread shows that there are continuing problems with the reliability of Party/WPT software.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Afaik HH's are not getting sent/generated to the client in case the hand is not complete (eg. disconnection).
      But a more serious logging is going on on the WPT servers so they should be able to track the hand in question. The only problem is that their Support is tend to be quiet incompetent at times, especially about this mess which is going on for a while now with their servers.

If I were you, I'd contact their Support in a persuasive and calm manner as many times as it would take to sort this out because I think they overstepped the line by losing you a whole buyin.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Is there any way pokerstrategy.com can help me with this issue please? I am being screwed by a site ps.com affiliated with. I could use some backup. Their reply is below.

Thank you for contacting Customer Service.

Please note that we couldn't find such a hand. Also we haven't received such complaints before. We have checked our system and we cannot find any issues.

If this happens again please make a screen shot and provide us with the exact time frame as well. You can also provide us with the exact hand number. Further more you can check your gaming history under My Account>Transaction History, from the drop down menu choose Gaming History and check for any discrepancies about your balance and games as we cannot see such.

You can make a screen shot the following way:

1. Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard to capture the image
      2. Open a new MS Word document
      3. Paste the image into this new document (Press Control + V or right click on your mouse and select Paste)
      4. Save the file to your computer or a disk
      5. Open your email program
      6. Attach the file to an email, and send it to us.

Please note that the screenshot does not have to exceed more then 2MB and is preferable to be a .jpg file.

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Hopefully I at least have enough of a reputation in this community that I wouldn't fabricate what happened. I had a hand, I got to showdown, the hand disappeared. I've been screwed by WPT for the second time and I need some help to stop this abuse of players.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      It might help to tell them who was your opponent in the hand and the number of the hand before the hand in question so they would know where to look.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Tarhonya
      It might help to tell them who was your opponent in the hand and the number of the hand before the hand in question so they would know where to look.
      Yes, I will try to analyse my database in a bit. Maybe the evidence of a missing hand is there somewhere. It could take me a long time to piece it together. It's difficult just to say which hand was the hand number before the offending hand because I was 4-tabling.

Unfortunately since this was zoom/fastforward I have no idea who my opponent was. If I'd known the hand would disappear like this I would obviously have made a concerted effort to remember everything possible about the hand.

The thing I don't get is that somewhere there must be a guy who just shipped his money in vs AA but doesn't have it in his history.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Btw, just to make sure the hole-cards weren't displaying incorrectly I filtered my session DB for 4bet pots. It's not there.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      So, placing the hands by order in time I can see hands every few seconds, then a break of about 49 seconds between two hands.

I then played another 6-8 hands or so before quitting the session, absolutely disgusted that there was no record of the AA hand.

This means that depending on how well my HEM database correlates with WPT time I can tell them exactly when the offending hand was within a 50 second time bracket.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Is there something there? I mean, I can't prove that I ever played the hand. But can WPT account for what happened in those 49 seconds? Was I sitting out according to them? or what?
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      So you have no HH, no idea who you played with, no info about the hand at all and it disappeared? Any issues with the balance? Is it happening often? You can't make a screen shot if you get a message that you got disconnected or the soft freezes? You don't give much info do you, but you are sure there is an issue?
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Glopslart
      I posted a comment about 6 weeks back, concerning a Pokerfuse news story about a software malfunction on Party, which led to hole cards displaying as premium, and then mysteriously turning to rags at showdown. Apparently this had been discussed in the PS German community. There had been no news feature about it, nor any previous English-language discussion.

The PS adminisration altered the title of my thread to Pokerfuse story - cards display issue, and were basically upset that I was even raising such a matter.

This present thread shows that there are continuing problems with the reliability of Party/WPT software.
      This is resolved with a simple re-installation :)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Ok, looking at my gaming history I think I might have enough to prove something is up.
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      Let me give you a hint about this, I see in your other thread you are complaining about the same and some player as well, also about the crashes and missing hands and stuff. The support gave you an email where they provided you with a link for the cancellation policy. In this policy it states :

Real money games

Players will be refunded the exact amount of money they had at the time of cancellation.

Did you made the effort to read it, is it possible that the hand was voided?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by FaTDoGBG
      Real money games

Players will be refunded the exact amount of money they had at the time of cancellation.

Did you made the effort to read it, is it possible that the hand was voided?
      If the hand was voided they should have a record of it, no? Also what reason would there be for voiding a hand when both players were already all in?
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      If the game was voided due to disconnections no hand history would be saved, why should be voided, because there could be connectivity issues with their servers, which happens a lot lately.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by FaTDoGBG
      If the game was voided due to disconnections no hand history would be saved, why should be voided, because there could be connectivity issues with their servers, which happens a lot lately.
      Maybe they don't track voided hands. It's seems blatantly obvious they should though, right?

Otherwise you get poor suckers like me wondering if they were hallucinating when they shipped AA a few hands ago.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey w34z3l,

Could you please add me on skype and we can discuss how to escalate it together. :)

Ingrid