[NL20-NL50] [sh] nl 50 TP vs flop mraise by fish

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (MP): $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $51.07 (102.1 bb)
      BTN: $42.30 (84.6 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $59.95 (119.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J K
      Hero raises to $1.75, CO folds, BTN calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($5.75) Q 5 K (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, BTN raises to $8, SB folds, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($21.75) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $20, Hero raises to $40, BTN calls $12.55 and is all-in

River: ($86.85) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Villain is 34/16 and decently aggressive numbers but no big sample.

On the flop i thought that villain would play transparently on the turn which would mean that he would check back a draw and bet strong hands so I was planning on a x/f unimproved on the turn.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi. I'll just repost what I wrote in the other thread. Please repost that hand.

I probably fold to a bigger raise. With such a small raise and a backdoor flush draw, I think calling could be alright esp if we can expect some semi bluffs.

As played given his bet size I feel that we should just jam and hope for the best. It would be bad if he somehow had some spade draw and we call Turn, he bluffs River for 10$ more and we fold the best hand. We have tons of equity anyway
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Do you think this is a spot vs two villains where we can check flop?
      It would be hard to get three streets of value so checking with TP/BDFD planning to bet turn/river could be good?
      Also gives us a stronger flop checking range since if we check here we usually c/f.

Although with BU being fishy, maybe 3 streets would be doable.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      Do you think this is a spot vs two villains where we can check flop?
      It would be hard to get three streets of value so checking with TP/BDFD planning to bet turn/river could be good?
      Also gives us a stronger flop checking range since if we check here we usually c/f.

Although with BU being fishy, maybe 3 streets would be doable.
      Considering that BTN is only 84.6 BB deep I would assume he is a recreational player. So if we check the flop, in front of him, we will lose some value and then give the option to BTN to choose what hands to bet.

I don't mind betting flop, and checking turn to let BTN bluff especially since we think he is looser/more aggressive so he will have floats/random hands at times.

As far as your second point goes I don't really want to strengthen my ck/calling range versus a fish unless I expect the fish to bluff a lot (and not call much). In that case I check/call a very wide range as a bluffcatch.