This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Kk

• Zukes
      Zukes
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $0.80
      SB: $2.74
      BB: $0.80
      UTG: $0.62
      Hero (UTG+1): $2.14
      MP: $2.00
      MP+1: $1.78
      CO: $0.78

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:spade: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.14, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.42, MP+1 calls $0.28

Flop: ($0.87, 2 players) J:diamond: J:club: A:spade:
      Hero bets $0.42, MP+1 raises to $1.36 and is all-in, fold

MP+1 wins $1.65

Is there a better bet size here preflop? and should I just check this flop?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Zuke,

Preflop: looks good. Considering his stack size we can make it such that we can shove any flop.

Flop: What's the purpose of our bet here? Can't really get much value nor bluff.

Did we know anything about villains tendencies? If he is a passive fish, which is most likely the case, I don't mind ck/folding or bet/folding (like we did).
    • Zukes
      Zukes
      Bronze
      no info on villain, there were only like 6 hands played with him but I guess this board makes cbetting pointless if we're forcing the few hands we are beating like QQ to fold.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi,

in 4bet pots, you only need to cbet 33-40% of the pot on dry flops. No point betting any larger. You are putting the same amount of pressure on his entire range. The pot is already big so even a 33% pot size bet = 29 cents (14.5BB) and that's a lot of money.

Checking Flop is probably the better option and while future streets might be hard to play, it certainly seems better than turning your hand into a bluff where no worse hands call and no better hands fold.