[NL20-NL50] Nl50 SH ~ 104o ~ MORE Value? (AGAIN!)

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $50.00
      Hero (BTN): $82.06
      SB: $32.81
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $87.56
      MP: $56.33

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has T:heart: 4:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, fold

Flop: ($3.50, 2 players) A:heart: 6:diamond: T:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.49, SB calls $2.49

Turn: ($8.48, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.04, SB calls $6.04

River: ($20.56, 2 players) K:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $9.00, SB calls $9.00

Hero shows T:heart: 4:heart: (Two Pair, Tens and Fours) (Pre 38%, Flop 22%, Turn 82%)
      SB mucks A:club: 9:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 62%, Flop 78%, Turn 18%)
      Hero wins $36.64

Villian is 46/26. FISH.
      The question is, correct river bet? I'm thinking he could call with a 10 if i bet 9. I guess also if i was to get raised i can fold for less too.

^ :s_love:
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Fish that wants to call will call any Ax and might call KQ, KJ as well sometimes. Just bet big on turn and shove river imo. Don't forget you are also in BU vs SB, you don't get that much credit for a hand when you bet. Nobody likes folding top pair in such a spot in SB's shoes. As a mention, K is not the most awesome card in the deck but against a fish it's still a value bet imo.

When you bet flop, what's your plan though? Your hand is quite weak to bet for value. Do you plan to turn it into a bluff sometimes? Do you think betting gets you to showdown way more often?
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      he could call with bottom pair, a lower pair'ed hand, or JKQKJQ sorta hands.

im not sure about shoving river. What about his 10x hands, he couldn't call a ship with them
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      he could call with bottom pair, a lower pair'ed hand, or JKQKJQ sorta hands.

im not sure about shoving river. What about his 10x hands, he couldn't call a ship with them
      If he calls enough Ax hands you should just get the value from those. You block Tx so he is actually more likely to have Ax for showdown value hand.

There's a thin line behind getting more calls and maximizing overall value against his range. Getting called more often is not always better than just 'coolering' the top of your opponent's range (Ax in this case). If he folds Ax then you obviously reconsider the same as you do if his value range that beats you increases significantly on a specific card, like a flop flushdraw completing draw against a fishy opponent. That gives him many flushes usually so your value is thinner because he calls less often AND has you beat more often.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Yes :) I never think about blockers like that! Only blockers like Ax pre lol! Omg thanks :D will defo be looking at my hands blockers more often as to what my opponents range is. And i see what cha mean about getting the maximum vs not and it being more profitable. Thank you