[NL20-NL50] Nl50 SH ~ 10's ~ Good spot to bluff?

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Platinum
      PartyGaming - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $70.30
      Hero (BTN): $50.00
      SB: $59.36
      BB: $55.84
      UTG: $158.34
      MP: $9.49

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has T:club: T:spade:

UTG raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.50, fold, fold

Flop: ($3.75, 2 players) 3:club: 6:heart: 9:spade:
      UTG bets $2.67, Hero calls $2.67

Turn: ($9.09, 2 players) 9:heart:
      UTG bets $6.48, Hero calls $6.48

River: ($22.05, 2 players) K:diamond:
      UTG bets $16.00, Hero raises to $39.35 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $51.35

Villian is 24/19 over 250 hands with around 30% c bet on the turn an river.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      What do you expect to make him fold and what do you expect him to barrel?

I think the spot is good but you need villain to do a couple of things:
      1) Have a depolarized barreling range.

If he doesn't bet hands like TT-QQ, maybe mediocre Kx like KThh or KJhh on river then raising is not good because you beat his bluffs so you can either call to bluffcatch or fold. In this case his range is made of hands that are way better than yours and probably snap call your raise or air that fold to a raise but you beat so you can call avoiding value towning yourself when he has the top of his range.

2) Barel wide.

I think this is quite obvious. If your opponent is not betting a wide range, be it polarized or not you cannot do anything with your hand because he simply has too many good hands. Yes, you can go into levelling and say: he knows I know he barrels tight so a raise looks even stronger. That's something only you can get an idea of based on what you know on the villain.

The spot is also good because you don't rep too thin of a range. It's not huge but you can have 33, 66, 99, A9s 89s, T9s probably. That's what, 13 value combos. Thin-ish but it definitely allows you to have some bluffs. You have to decide what those bluffs should be if you want a close to GTO approach or if you think you can deviate and be more value heavy or bluff heavy.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Platinum
      But what about K's and aces? he would (most likely) 3barrel them and fold to resistance.
      And also putting him on Kx (and him hitting on the river) how can i bluff catch there, he would fold a king to a ship an i would call an be :f_frown:

what does GTO mean?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      But what about K's and aces? he would (most likely) 3barrel them and fold to resistance.
      And also putting him on Kx (and him hitting on the river) how can i bluff catch there, he would fold a king to a ship an i would call an be :f_frown:

what does GTO mean?
      GTO = game theory optimal.

If he bets Kx and AA and folds them to your shove then it's probably fine. You need him to do both of those though (barrel them, especially the Kx and fold them if you raise the river). I can't just tell you to do one or the other, I can only help you find the circumstances in which the play makes sense. Such a shove is a specific opponent dependant play imo.

Like I said previously:

1) Depolarized. If he is polarized, your TT wins often because he doesn't bet weak Kx and QQ to TT so he bets nuts or nothing so to speak. If he is polarized raising is spew imo and it's a call or fold decision.

2) Barrel wide. If he doesn't barrel wide, it doesn't matter if he is polarized or not because he has too many nutted hands like AK+ which are unlikely to fold and even if they do, they might not fold enough of the time.