Tonight's the night! --- PLO2!

• delorre

My name is Laurens and I'm a Belgian poker noob.

:club:P urpose

Im starting this blog up in an effort to build my way through the limits by being more active with poker outside of playing.
      Aside from that, I think this will be a nice way to keep my English at a decent level :D

:club: History

I think I started playing poker with the PS $50 in 2009. I mostly played hold em but I guess as every noob I tried some other games as well. Got busted after a few months and deposited some of my own money. Then someday I played some omaha, looked up the rules and got addicted right away. I grinded all the way up to PLO25 on stars untill the Belgian market got regulated and I had to quit because I wasn't 21 yet. So I cashed out and started again about a month ago after I turned 21. Already busted once after some bad mtt-nights with my roommate so I decided to leave the mtts for now and focus on rebuilding a decent roll with my main game, starting all the way from the awesome PLO2!

:club: About me

As I mentioned before, I'm from Belgium and currently studying economics. I spend my time on poker, Starcraft 2 and Quake live, anyone who is up for a game of any of those should let me know =) I like techno, minimal and almost anything inbetween, so post some songs or artists in here if you got some, always like putting on some nice music while playing.
      I like to think of myself as someone who has no problem with BRM and is pretty hard to tilt. Playing PLO for more than a year, I think I can put a bad beat or 2 in the right perspective :D

:club: Goals

Finally something interesting eh! Basically I want to get as high as possible and become as good as possible, but who doesn't, right? So I'll just try to set some goals for a relative short term and see how fast I can advance.

• Reaching a $200 BR to play PLO5
      • Reaching a $500 BR to play PLO10 and get coachings from Kyyberi

When browsing the forum earlier today, I saw this thread and thought this was a great opportunity to improve my game. So basically getting a BR high enough to pay for coachings is my main objective for the next X weeks.

:club: What I'll post in here

Hands for discussions, brags and whatever else. Probably brags though :D
      Maybe some nice songs, to be honest I dont really know what I'm gonna write in this blog. Guess I'll just see what happens and what might be interesting.

Long enough? I think so
  • 7 replies
    • delorre
      Already 9 BI up after the start of this blog! :D Mostly over EV though, but thats ok, EV owed me some.. This means I only need to gain 12 BI more to achieve my first goal.
      Just went through most of my hands and I think it was mainly standard situations, still lost too much to aces though.
      What about this hand? I feel like I could have folded the flop, but cant ever fold the turn after my flop call.

$0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
      3 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by

delorreee (BTN) ($2) 100bb
      SB ($1) 50bb
      BB ($1.60) 80bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 3 players) delorreee is BTN Q:diamond: A:diamond: 6:heart: 7:heart:
      delorreee raises to $0.07, SB folds, BB calls $0.05

Flop: 2:spade: 9:diamond: Q:heart: ($0.15, 2 players)
      BB checks, delorreee bets $0.14, BB raises to $0.56, delorreee calls $0.42

Turn: 6:diamond: ($1.27, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.97, $0.97 to delorreee ($1.37)?

Going to bed right now, not sure if I'll be able to play tomorrow, got a busy day ahead of me.
      Good luck in your PLOaments!
    • delorre
      Thanks HollyMichelle! :)

I just read the beginning of The quick guide to skyrocketing your productivity and decided I'm going to try this out. Lately I've been having the feeling of not accomplishing much in life. I'm not doing any exercice, not meeting lots of new people and most importantly, I'm screwing up my education. In 5 weeks I'm having my next set of exams so it's time to get to it and start getting off my ass. Tonight is too late, today's the day!

:club: Vision statement!
      I like to think of myself of someone who is helpful for other other people and enjoys helping others. Making someone else happy really can make me feel good. Sometimes I take this a bit too far but I'm not sure if that's just to avoid confrontation or if it's just out of kindness. Honesty is also very important to me. Lately I've noticed that I judge people pretty quicly, and this is something I dislike in myself. I'd like to work on this!

My mission is to improve myself in every possible way, focussing on education, health (sports) and being more sociable. By improving in these areas, thus becoming happier, healthier (have more energy) and a better person, I hope to pass on some happiness to other people.

:club: Goals - Long term
      • Complete education with good grades!
      • Get more exercise
      • Improve my poker game
      • Meet new people
      • Learn Spanish

:club: Goals - Short term (1 week, so before 14 dec)
      • Prepare courses as to be ready to study them (print slides, order notes, ...)
      • Study for 25 hours
      • Go jogging 2 times as to prepare some endurance to pick up a thai box initiation
      • Watch 2 poker videos
      • Post 5 hands for reviewing/discussing
      • Continue improved sleep pattern
      • Don't play more than 3h/day
      • Refresh beginners Spanish vocabulary once a day

I realise noone will care about this and I'd be surprised if anyone read this but I just had to write this down and where's better than here, right?
      Pokerwise I had another good session yesterday, only need 3 more BI to play PLO5 :)

Alright then, off to the library to complete goal #1!
      Wow! Good luck with the guide :)

Take your time though - Rome wasn't built in a day!
    • delorre
      Wow, already close to 2 weeks since the last update :o
      I actually didnt finish all my 'week goals' so im pretty disappointed about that. I feel like I've been busy, but not so busy that I couldn't have completed them.. I didnt go running, didnt watch any poker videos (although i tried, but my pc kept crashing, need to fix that) and didnt post any hands.
      Did: prepare courses, study, spanish, sleep well
      I also read some more of the productivity guide, as well as some stuff from scott youngs blog and im still finding this all very interesting. Really want to finish that guide and implement some stuff into my life.

Pokerwise its been quite the rollercoaster. I got my roll for plo5 but immediately lost 8 BI or something. I cant even remember the hands but I feel I got pretty unlucky there. I then played some mixed plo2/plo5 until I ran 45 BI under EV (over this month). Luckily I'm recovering now and Im just about to break even for this month.

Anyway, I dont have much time right now so I'll try to come up with some quick goals, might update them tomorrow or something.

:club: Goals (before 26 dec)

• Study!
      • Keep sleep pattern up
      • Max 2 75-minute-sessions/day
      • Post 10 hands

Ill be working 2 days and having 2-3 christmas parties as well so kind of going easy on the goals for next week

Cu around
    • SherlockHolmes2ez
      Nice Blog
    • delorre
      Just to post an update:

Poker: Running 12 BI under EV in +- 1500 hands this year so thinking about dropping back to plo2, although i could just get a fpp bonus but i was saving up for a higher one..
      Really dont have much time so barely playing and not doing anything else but lurking in here for a bit ^^
      Im thinking about PT4 when my roll allows it, currently using omaha manager. Not sure if its gonna be such a big difference but if it can find 1 leak, i already pays itself back so.. :)

Back to the books!