This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ - Overpair on Paired Board vs. Unknown Limp Caller

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 48 BB
      SB: 92.2 BB
      BB: 83.6 BB
      UTG: 93.8 BB
      MP: 125 BB
      Hero (CO): 183 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has J:diamond: J:spade:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 4 BB

Flop: (11.4BB, 2 players) 8:spade: 6:spade: 6:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 7.6 BB, UTG raises to 17 BB, Hero raises to 36 BB, UTG raises to 88.8 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 52.8 BB

Turn: ($9.45, 2 players) 6:club:

River: ($9.45, 2 players) 5:diamond:

PF: Isolate potential fish (unknown but he limp/called).

F: I bet for protection against over-cards and also to get value from 8X and any other smaller pocket pairs.

I am faced with a 2-bet, UTG is unknown so could be doing this with 8X, 6X or a bluff.

I 3-bet to gain value from 8X, though it is unsure whether it will call a bet. I think the best reason to bet here is for information, bluffs will have to fold an maybe 8X.

When faced with a 4-bet, it could be 8X but this less likely so will probably be 6X. I think Hero should fold to a 3-bet here, the jam indicates a very strong hand and Hero only has a pair of Jacks, does he really want to play a big pot with such a mediocre hand?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine and I like the sizing too.

Cbetting on the flop is good and I don't think there's much to comment on this.
      In general I think raise/calling the flop is overplaying our hand since we don't have any information.
      In this situation I actually wouldn't mind folding since we have no information and we will have hard time playing on the turn.

Best,
      Plamen