BTN: 48 BB
      SB: 92.2 BB
      BB: 83.6 BB
      UTG: 93.8 BB
      MP: 125 BB
      Hero (CO): 183 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has J:diamond: J:spade:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 4 BB

Flop: (11.4BB, 2 players) 8:spade: 6:spade: 6:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 7.6 BB, UTG raises to 17 BB, Hero raises to 36 BB, UTG raises to 88.8 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 52.8 BB

Turn: ($9.45, 2 players) 6:club:

River: ($9.45, 2 players) 5:diamond:

PF: Isolate potential fish (unknown but he limp/called).

F: I bet for protection against over-cards and also to get value from 8X and any other smaller pocket pairs.

I am faced with a 2-bet, UTG is unknown so could be doing this with 8X, 6X or a bluff.

I 3-bet to gain value from 8X, though it is unsure whether it will call a bet. I think the best reason to bet here is for information, bluffs will have to fold an maybe 8X.

When faced with a 4-bet, it could be 8X but this less likely so will probably be 6X. I think Hero should fold to a 3-bet here, the jam indicates a very strong hand and Hero only has a pair of Jacks, does he really want to play a big pot with such a mediocre hand?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine and I like the sizing too.

Cbetting on the flop is good and I don't think there's much to comment on this.
      In general I think raise/calling the flop is overplaying our hand since we don't have any information.
      In this situation I actually wouldn't mind folding since we have no information and we will have hard time playing on the turn.

Best,
      Plamen