[NL20-NL50] okey?

• daisuke3823
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, 2 folds, BB calls $0.37.

Flop: ($1.34) 9, Q, 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.84) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

River: ($4.34) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.75, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.34.
      his stats in 9 hands  vpip43 pfr14 af12 wtsd50 w$sd100
      I guessed he had pair so I folded.
      my flop and turn play was okey?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

If his AF 12 or 1.2?

It's just 9 hands so it's not to relevant to this specific hand. In general, if someone is quite aggressive you can raise your NFD with overcards as a bluff with huge equity (around 45%). Your goal when raising is to make him fold hands like 89, 76, 66 and below. You also don't mind getting called by a hand such as QT because you are doing well against such a hand with your NFD. This is something to consider against a more aggressive opponent when you can raise/get it in. Raise folding this hand would not be good so keep that in mind.

Calling will never be wrong though. You have position, you get great pot odds, you have implied odds, just everything is in your favour. On the turn again you get great pot odds and his bet looks weak meaning occasionally you can actually win by bluffing river when he checks and once in a while your AK is actually the best hand against JT, KT, T8, etc.

Overall I think your play was fine. The more information you get though you can consider alternative lines. This is good as a default imo.