Watch this site

• Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      Just sat a table, lost my $600 stack. Fair enough, it was a good game.

Deposit another $200... Your account gets frozen.

Just be careful to wait for a week before a deposit is even considered on this site!
  • 13 replies
    • Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      If anyone decide to say "this is standard security check", then surely it's meant to be done BEFORE someone makes their first deposit?

Don't know, just seems a bit fishy to me.
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Arron63
      If anyone decide to say "this is standard security check", then surely it's meant to be done BEFORE someone makes their first deposit?

Don't know, just seems a bit fishy to me.
      Seems standard to me

Sometimes poker rooms do random security checks
      Nothing wrong with it and its for our own safety
    • Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      Think of it in this situation...

You go to a pub and order a pint, no problem at all. You drink that pint, then once it's finished the bartender asks you to prove your age.

Is that the standard way of doing things?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Hey Arron63,

This really does smell of random security check which you would have signed up for when you ticked that you had read their "terms and conditions"

PokerStars reserve the right to do a security check at any given time. If you were making multiple deposits within a short period chances (and you haven't had a history of doing this) chances are they blocked your account to protect you from fraud.

I'd be thankful for it :)

Just be patient, comply with what they want and it'll all be history in a few days time :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Think of it in this situation...

You go to a pub and order a pint, no problem at all. You drink that pint, then once it's finished the bartender asks you to prove your age.

Is that the standard way of doing things?
      Think of this situation ...

You go into a pub and order 600 pints, pay by credit card, and then immediately give them away to everyone else in the pub. Next you walk straight back to the counter and try to order 200 more.

Considering this bartender can't even see you I don't think its strange that he might want to verify you actually exist?
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Pokerstars is helping u from going broke while on tilt... You should be glad, n if u lost again ur $200, sure u will keep depositing until u dont have more $$$$.

Like the other player few yrs back, keep losing n keep depositing...
      At last he tried to sue the site coz he keep losing... Saying, poker online is rigged!
    • Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      Oh God... sorry for this thread :rolleyes: I was very drunk.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Oh God... sorry for this thread :rolleyes: I was very drunk.
      We've all been there mate but next time I suggest that you self exclude before you go have a beers ;) Might save you some $$$ in the future!

Regards,
      Gary
    • Erevos
      Erevos
      Bronze
      Hey Arron, i don't mean to insult you or anything like that, but i really can't understand how a member of Pokerstrategy can play being drunk. Just watch a movie, go out with friends etc,
      BUT DO NOT TURN ON YOUR PC.
      If this has happened again, i seriously suggest you to stop palying and block your accounts. Seems Pokerstars saved you hundreds of dollars that night. Just respect the fact that money=hard work (well for the 95% of the population)
      Sincerely! (and again no offence, i don't even know you lol.
    • Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      Wish I had read your comment before Erevos! Wise words there.

But this is me well and truly done with poker. I've realised I am not disciplined for the game, and seem to have spent too much money this week playing stakes I shouldn't have (which has left me penniless).

However, I wish you all the success in the future, whether it be poker related or not. :)
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Best wishes to you too Arron!
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Erevos
      Hey Arron, i don't mean to insult you or anything like that, but i really can't understand how a member of Pokerstrategy can play being drunk. Just watch a movie, go out with friends etc,
      BUT DO NOT OPEN THE PC.
      If this has happened again, i seriously suggest you to stop palying and block your accounts. Seems Pokerstars saved you hundreds of dollars that night. Just respect the fact that money=hard work (well for the 95% of the population)
      Sincerely! (and again no offence, i don't even know you lol.
      I don't think it makes any difference if you a PS member or not, when your drunk you think it's the best idea in the world to play, but as soon as you get sober you know it's not.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Wish I had read your comment before Erevos! Wise words there.

But this is me well and truly done with poker. I've realised I am not disciplined for the game, and seem to have spent too much money this week playing stakes I shouldn't have (which has left me penniless).

However, I wish you all the success in the future, whether it be poker related or not. :)
      Hey Arron :)

Fair play to you mate, it takes some people thousands of $ and costs friendships and relationships before they realise this so well played. Maybe one day your mindset will grow strong enough for you to give it another more controlled shot even if you have to limit yourself (you can self exclude from playing whatever stakes you want on most sites to stop you blowing your full BR in one session) but until then good luck in whatever you choose to do sir maybe we will see you here again one day

Regards
      Carl