Known players:
      SB (Hero) = (€21.49)
      BB = (€39.05)
      MP2 = (€6.50)
      MP3 = (€20.21)
      CO = (€10.00)
      BU = (€19.88)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      MP2 calls €0.10, MP3 folds, CO calls €0.10, BU folds, Hero raises to €0.70, BB calls €0.60, MP2 calls €0.60, CO folds.

Flop: (€2.2) T, 9, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets €1.50, BB calls €1.50, MP2 folds.

Turn: (€5.2) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: (€5.2) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets €4.30, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: €5.2.

Villain is the spazzy bluffy with air type. Still, I don't think I'm ever ahead on the river.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

Turn is a value bet I think. King isn't exactly the best card but still, I think he can continue calling hands like 89 8T QT JT AT KT

Given the action I think I would c/c the River. If I had bet the Turn I would c/f the River (his range would be more weighted towards hands with a Jack in them). While he may have some JX hands like KJ JT J9 I still think he can be turning a hand like 97 into a bluff here.

Especially when he's the spazzy type.
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      Would you also value bet if the turn card's an ace ? These players tend to have a ton of Ax in their range that they're willing to float the flop with but not so many Kx.

He bet the river big which I see many people at these stakes do when they realize they've failed to get value on the earlier streets and try to compensate for it (sometimes going as far as overbetting).
      Obviously I had reads on the villain which could've weighed my decision towards a call but they usually have it when they play it this way from what I've seen. Is this an flawed approach ?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think the K is a worse card than the Ace on this particular board. Firstly, I don't think people are floating AX that much on this wet board. Your cbet range should be more conservative in the first place on wetter boards. Okay, maybe they aren't thinking on this level at NL10. But I just think people float Ace high way more often on dry, paired flops.

The King is a coordinating card here, since it improves KQ KJ QJ. Whereas the Ace only improves Ace high floats (which I think he shouldn't have too many combos of). Then again the Ace looks scarier. I think he never folds TX and some pair+gutshot hands anyway and you have an easy bet/fold on the Turn.