[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 A8o bluff-rebluff-bluff :)

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

Hero (SB): $60.83 (121.7 bb)
      BB: $106.75 (213.5 bb)
      MP: $51.50 (103 bb)
      CO: $67 (134 bb)
      BTN: $50.50 (101 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A 8
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) K Q 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $6, Hero raises to $13.50, BB calls $7.50

Turn: ($30) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($30) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, BB folds

Anon table.

BB played 22/16 after 100 hands, AFq 50 (F-T-R 55-57-25), wtsd 18.

Flop raise? He could have a very narrow valuerange (KQ/66, maybe K6s sometimes), plus lots of semibluffs.
      Looking back at the hand I dont think that click-it-back is a good plan here, cause he could call with his draw for that price... But having the A I definitely didnt want to fold. Reraise bigger? Or just call, and play my Ace high, which is often the best hand here?
      Turn/river? On the river I beat most of his draws, but I didnt want to lose vs some PP turned into bluff, so I bet smallish to get rid of those.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I don't like your play here. Having Ace of spade here means that he is less likely to be bluff raising (with stuff like AsX, with a backdoor flush draw). However, it could also mean that he's less likely to call your 3bet (since given the stack depth I wouldn't be surprised if he raised IP with As2s for example).

I much prefer this play with a hand like 7d6d. You have some backdoor equity, and you block 66, so it is 66% less likely for him to have a set.

On the River, frankly speaking he had some busted draw. I don't see him ever folding any made hand here and the way he played it looked like a draw. I prefer to c/c with Ace high here rather than to bet and lose to all his made hands (unless this guy randomly raises 88 but then again would he call a 3bet?)
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by mbml
      I don't like your play here. Having Ace of spade here means that he is less likely to be bluff raising (with stuff like AsX, with a backdoor flush draw). However, it could also mean that he's less likely to call your 3bet
      What would you choose on the flop then? Calling is quite shaky, could lead to tough turn/river decisions oop... So folding seems to be the best option?

River as played, yeah, betting is a clear mistake, I see it now...
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yeah just check the river. Nothing better folds, nothing worse calls. Classic don't be situation.

Folding flop seems about right. He probably doesn't raise the flop without some kind of draw at least and he's not folding a draw to a 3bet! That means we have to invest a lot of money + dodge his draw outs in order for us to win the hand! Like mbml said, if you feel like 3betting, hands like 76dd are better candidates.

ifs