770 -program malfunction or computer/personality problem?

• Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      Everybody, this is a copy of an e-mail sent to 770 support this morning. I am currently waiting for a response.

-------------------

Dear Sirs:

I have encountered serious problems this morning with your playing program.

1. On attempting to launch it, the launch failed, and an error message popped up, saying that the component 'engine' was missing. The message advised a restart, and contacting you if that failed. [I note that there were serious connection difficulties yesterday, and wonder if this is related.]

2. After several more attempts, with the same error message, I determined there was a permanent problem, and decided to remove the playing program totally. I thought there was a fault with the old program, and that I needed the new version from your website.

3. I have a Windows PC with an un-install function as part of the maintenance system. On implementing the un-install function, your program over-rode it. A 770 message box flashed up on my screen, telling me to press the button marked 'next' on the message screen. I pressed the button, and a new message flashed up, saying 'uninstall failed'. It appears to me that you have put a virus in my computer to over-ride the Windows maintenance system, so that your program cannot be removed. I did not consent to this when I installed your program. I want you now to tell me how to uninstall the program from my computer.

Yours sincerely,

--------------------------------------------

Has anybody else experienced comparable difficulties, or have I been doing something wrong due to old age and technological incompetence?
  • 7 replies
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      Yeah quite a few people have been having the problems on all iPoker sites.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Yeah, many people are having difficulties.

For me personally it's not too bad, I got disconnected once during my session today, which was annoying, but nothing too major (aka didn't cost me any money).

I do think it might have something to do with the problems they had yesterday, but I guess we'll just have to wait for more information.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Keep us up to date please Glopslart :)
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      The monster has returned - the program has reloaded successfully. Once again I am proceeding to lose the mortgage money, family treasures, etc.

I still can't uninstall, and there is no reply as yet from 770 support.

Another thing I noticed: the 770 program registers at over 700MB in size !! Why and how is a mystery to me.

I will ask support, but maybe the community has the answer..?
    • etJura
      etJura
      Bronze
      I'm having the same problem when I try to uninstall 770. Has any solution been found in the meanwhile?
    • etJura
      etJura
      Bronze
      Nevermind, I used Revo Uninstaller.

Still, annoying that Poker770 hasn't bothered to solve this problem.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by etJura
      Nevermind, I used Revo Uninstaller.

Still, annoying that Poker770 hasn't bothered to solve this problem.
      Hi, etJura,
      iPoker went through a major upgrade over the last couple of days, which is why there were connection "problems".

I'm guessing that they are working on a solution at this moment, and a solution will be forthcoming shortly.

From their perspective this will be a "revenue impacting" emergency, and they'll be working as hard as possible to fix it.

I see that this is your first post in the forum.

Welcome aboard!

Since you can't play for now, why not take a moment and introduce yourself?

You could let us know what games/limits you play, where you're from etc.

Let us know how things turn out with Poker770.

All the best,
      --VS