This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - AKo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $10.80
      Hero (BTN): $10.96
      SB: $10.83
      BB: $12.54
      UTG: $10.97
      MP: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.05, fold, fold, CO calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.25, 2 players) K:diamond: T:spade: J:spade:
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00

Turn: ($6.25, 2 players) 3:spade:
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.25, 2 players) K:club:
      CO bets $7.75, Hero calls $7.75

CO shows Q:spade: Q:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Queens) (Pre 57%, Flop 27%, Turn 11%)
      Hero shows K:spade: A:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 43%, Flop 73%, Turn 89%)
      Hero wins $20.30

Villain is 43/15 over 80 hands.

Pre flop and flop is pretty standard.

On the turn I decided to check behind for some pot control. If he didn't have me beat yet, the flush now came in so I could easily be beat. I don't expect him to call another bet with a worse hand very often.

On the river then... I think I should have folded, tbh. I guess I called because villain was kind of spewy, so I was basically hoping for him to have some sort of random pair + draw that he wanted to spazz out with.

But I think I should have folded.

Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tino,

Preflop: looks good although we can also make it slightly bigger versus the big fish.

Flop:Large cbet on this board is fine.

Turn: I don't like checking back the turn. We can easily bet/fold versus a fish as he has quite a few worse hands that can still call. For example KQ, JQ, QQ, QT, AsT, AsJ, etc.

So I'd bet fold $3.5-$4.

As played river is thin. He polarizes his range a bit there to a bluff or flush+. Sometimes he may play a KQ like this though so that makes a call probably ok.