Move up or try more tables?

• Loreit
      Loreit
      Bronze
      I have limited time to play every day, and would say I play 3-4 DoN's every evening, $1 or $5.

I played poker long time ago, but have had a break for 6 or so years.

I do win 3 out of 4 DoN's so my initial deposit has about doubled. I have saved about 2k hands in my hand history, but don't know if that's enough to say I have enough data to analyze if I'm doing alright.

I have had a hard time doing 2 tables multitabling, but I might be ready to try 3 anytime. I've also noticed that my focus drops a bit after a 2+2 table session.

I don't know if I should move up or if I should try more tables.

Main goal is to learn more about poker, and secondary goal is to maximize $$$ /h.

It might be that I learn most by just continuing playing 2 tables at a time...

Any thoughts. (My virtual BR is quite big so BRM is not an issue)
  • 5 replies
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      If your goal is to maximize $/h, then I would suggest you to stay on current limit, add more tables and try to crush them. For players who has limited time a day for poker and wants to earn extra money, multitabling is very important.

Also, have you read this http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/weekly-specials/2195/1/ ?
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Silver
      Originally posted by Loreit
      I do win 3 out of 4 DoN's so my initial deposit has about doubled. I have saved about 2k hands in my hand history, but don't know if that's enough to say I have enough data to analyze if I'm doing alright.
      If your cash rate is 75% then you haven't played enough DoN's. I don't believe 75% is sustainable.

Originally posted by Loreit
      I have had a hard time doing 2 tables multitabling, but I might be ready to try 3 anytime. I've also noticed that my focus drops a bit after a 2+2 table session.
      If you have had a hard time with 2 tables you defiantly aren't reeady for 3 tables.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      I would say that dons are relatively simple to multitable so if you feel you have time to concentrate to other things beside playing then try to add one more table. I would suggest to concentrate more to quality than amount when focus is on play improvement, but that doesnt mean you should just play 2 tables all the time. More tables does bring more spots that you can study so it benefits also the learning curve. So go for table amount that feels good, but try to add one table more now and then.
    • Loreit
      Loreit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krist2ps
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/weekly-specials/2195/1/ ?
      Good article, Ill wait for the right day to add a 3rd table. Yesterday was such a day since I had time to do other things simultaneously. Today I could hardly concentrate while playing one table.

Originally posted by jonnyjm
      If your cash rate is 75% then you haven't played enough DoN's. I don't believe 75% is sustainable
      It reminds me that I should keep a better track of the actually games. Since my Balance was increasing I'm satisfied. However I went through the numbers and on the $5 DoN's I had a winning margin of 2/3rd, resulting in a roi of 22%.

I have a worse results on the $1 tables, but that's where I do my experiments (like adding my second table)

Originally posted by ghaleon
      I would suggest to concentrate more to quality than amount when focus is on play improvement, but that doesnt mean you should just play 2 tables all the time. More tables does bring more spots that you can study so it benefits also the learning curve. So go for table amount that feels good, but try to add one table more now and then.
      Maybe that's my real trouble. I know my history is to short to really show if I'm a winning player in the long run. However I don't want to add to many tables to increase my statistics while lowering the quality of my game...

But as said above, after reading the article, Ill add a 3rd table when Im in the right mood.

TY for the advice's.
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      I would try maximizing efforts on shorter run. What does that mean?

Play on more tables, and then keep a break before going on.

In my opinion, this can help a big deal, because you get used to playing more tables, but at the same time you don't go too tired. Also, it is possible that you will have 1 or 2 tables running by the time you get to the bubble, which is no doubt the most important part.

Don't know if you can fit this into the "limited playing time", but if I were you, I'd certainly try - sets of 3 games is to go for you atm.