€0.05/€0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero) = (€11.33)
      BB = (€10.59)
      MP3 = (€10.57)
      CO = (€10.88)
      BU = (€12.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      MP3 raises to €0.30, CO calls €0.30, BU folds, Hero calls €0.25, BB folds.

Flop: (€1) 4, A, 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets €0.90, CO folds, Hero raises to €2.70, MP3 calls €1.80.

Turn: (€6.4) J (2 players)
      Hero bets €3.90, MP3 raises to €7.57, Hero calls €3.67.

River: (€21.54) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: €21.54.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a pair of aces(Q A).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A K).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(A K).

I flat call instead of squeezing because I'm OOP against unknown opponents.
      I think flop is pretty standard on such a board OOP, I might consider calling IP.
      The turn card isn't bad imo so I bet again for value with the intent to go all-in if he raises me.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Elda,

Preflop: since we are playing 6 max I don't mind squeezing here to attack all the money in the pot.

Calling is also ok but you will play OOP with a hand that doesn't hit that often so you will find it harder to play postflop very profitably (vs unknown).

Flop: Considering we slowplayed our hand preflop I don't mind the check/raise but i wouldn't make this big to let villain call with worse hands. Since they are both unknown we don't really know if they can call (m)any Ax hands.

Turn: I'd probably also bet smaller here or just shove considering the pot. The bet in the middle pretty much commits us anyway. The smaller bet would sometime induce villain to call/raise a hand that he otherwise would fold.