This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AKo TPTK OOP

• elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

€0.05/€0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero) = (€11.33)
      BB = (€10.59)
      MP3 = (€10.57)
      CO = (€10.88)
      BU = (€12.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      MP3 raises to €0.30, CO calls €0.30, BU folds, Hero calls €0.25, BB folds.

Flop: (€1) 4, A, 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets €0.90, CO folds, Hero raises to €2.70, MP3 calls €1.80.

Turn: (€6.4) J (2 players)
      Hero bets €3.90, MP3 raises to €7.57, Hero calls €3.67.

River: (€21.54) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: €21.54.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a pair of aces(Q A).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A K).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(A K).

I flat call instead of squeezing because I'm OOP against unknown opponents.
      I think flop is pretty standard on such a board OOP, I might consider calling IP.
      The turn card isn't bad imo so I bet again for value with the intent to go all-in if he raises me.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Elda,

Preflop: since we are playing 6 max I don't mind squeezing here to attack all the money in the pot.

Calling is also ok but you will play OOP with a hand that doesn't hit that often so you will find it harder to play postflop very profitably (vs unknown).

Flop: Considering we slowplayed our hand preflop I don't mind the check/raise but i wouldn't make this big to let villain call with worse hands. Since they are both unknown we don't really know if they can call (m)any Ax hands.

Turn: I'd probably also bet smaller here or just shove considering the pot. The bet in the middle pretty much commits us anyway. The smaller bet would sometime induce villain to call/raise a hand that he otherwise would fold.