What happens if you lose your free $50?

• brynaldo
      brynaldo
      Bronze
      You get your free $50, and run into some bad luck or a lucky donkey player.
      You tryed to follow the strategy you have learn`t but things have gone wrong.

What do you do now?
  • 16 replies
    • samiow
      samiow
      Bronze
      deposit
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi brynaldo,
      first of all:
      if you follow our strategy, running into a lucky donk will never cost you your whole bankroll! That's what bankroll management is for!
      You would need a really long periode of bad luck to loose all of your money.
      But If you lost your bankroll you can try to make some money with our tell a friend program.
      Or you could play freerolls like our weekly 1k$ freeroll on titan poker.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      First of all you will be tarred and feathered, then everybody will laugh at you. Next come those who tell you that you should learn about BRM (Bankroll Management) and finally those who point you to the TaF promotion.

And then there's some smartass posting, but I already did that now, so there... :P

[EDIT]: See, told ya... ^^
    • brynaldo
      brynaldo
      Bronze
      l
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Umm... you lost $50 in one hand?? Who's the donk here?!?
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      If you played that entire bankroll on one hand, you obviously didn't read the strategy articles.

Until you read and understand the strategies which are being taught here, you will be beyond help.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Hello.

I bet my whole bankroll preflop when I got my first high poket pair and I lost it all on that one hand. What do I do now?
    • brynaldo
      brynaldo
      Bronze
      l
    • brynaldo
      brynaldo
      Bronze
      l
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      You,sir,are busto.
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      Hi Brynaldo,

I don't know if you'll come back on and read this or not. I hope you take this site as support and reread some important articles.

What would you have done if the raiser had pocket aces? What would you blame then?

If you were following the bankroll management, then the fact you were called by 78s would be very exciting because in the majority of cases you would have doubled up. These 'donkeys' are where your long term money is going to come from.

Anyway, good luck if you win some money at freerolls.
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brynaldo
      Yes true,
      Taking all my money to the table was the only mistake i made.
      When seating i was asked the amount to take and for some reason i put $50. I am paying the price now.. but in all fairness KK isnt a bad hand to go all in with.
      If you sat down at a table that LET you put $50 on the table, then again, you didn't read the strategy articles and you sat down at a table which was way too high for your bankroll.

You should have been sitting down to a NL10 table (.05/.10 blinds).

At this point the best you can do is actually read and learn the material in the articles, and follow the other suggestions in previous posts (the tell a friend program, or you can make a first-deposit and work on earning a first deposit bonus, but.. don't play like you did)

Seriously, there are MANY people at PokerStrategy who have never spent a penny of their own money (including me) who have followed the instructions and advice, and who have used the training resources on this site, to build up a bankroll while still improving their game.

All pretty much risk-free, if you follow the strategies.

I hope you can learn from your mistake, and follow the advice given, and one day, find out you have become a successful poker player!

Good luck to you!
    • brynaldo
      brynaldo
      Bronze
      l
    • brynaldo
      brynaldo
      Bronze
      l
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brynaldo
      Ive learn`t the hard way but the lesson as been learn`t.
      How come you write "Ive" and "learn't" instead of "I've" (I have) and learned?

If you have over $100 you made from nothing I dont see the point of this post. You got your second chance there. But please employ some serious bankroll management.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      I cant really say anything new, read and understand the BRM section.
      If you always sit with your whole bankroll at a table, you are GUARANTEED to lose it all. As simple as that - you don't even need a lucky donk at your table :)