Yohans brag factory

• YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      I have a thread where I report all injustices happening to me, Yohans whinery. To balance, I'll have this thread to report about when I highly deservedly scoop pot after pot.

Full Tilt - $0.50/$1 (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $11.15
      Hero (SB): $18.70
      BB: $16.85

Hero posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has 3:club: A:club:

BTN raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $2.00, BTN calls $1.00, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($6.00, 3 players) 2:diamond: 5:diamond: J:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($7.50, 3 players) 2:spade:
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

River: ($7.50, 3 players) 3:spade:
      Hero bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00, BTN calls $1.00

Hero shows 3:club: A:club: (Two Pair, Threes and Twos) (Pre 22%, Flop 23%, Turn 21%)
      BTN mucks Q:diamond: 3:heart: (Two Pair, Threes and Twos) (Pre 18%, Flop 11%, Turn 7%)
      BB mucks A:spade: K:diamond: (One Pair, Twos) (Pre 59%, Flop 66%, Turn 71%)
      Hero wins $10.00

I was so totally clear about the big blind having exactly AK after that turn check, that I truly deserved this nice pot. (Oh did I hit a 3-outer? BS! :D )

/Johan = :f_confused:
  • 9 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hope to see lots more posts in here Johan :]
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hah, epic value bet :f_biggrin:
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Welcome guys!

The only thing being out of order in this thread is being humble (or honest with yourself)!

Full Tilt - $0.50/$1 (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

MP: $25.30
      Hero (CO): $13.65
      BTN: $17.45
      SB: $22.40
      BB: $18.10
      UTG: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has Q:spade: K:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, BTN raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.75, 2 players) 5:spade: 2:heart: 9:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($4.75, 2 players) T:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

River: ($6.75, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.00, fold

Hero wins $8.35

Yes, I did get him off his hand. When it comes to non standard bluffing, I'll only be listening to myself henceforth. I'll use the "gut feeling". This "gut feeling" is of course no "sixth sense" or any related bullshit. It is just collected experience that tells me if hitting that button brought pain or pleasure in the past. Much better (and quicker) than fooling around with Equilab for these unusual spots.

But if you insist on knowing why I did this, click here for a possible explanation:

At least I speculate that the following is what told me to try:

This guy was loose enough to hold most Ax until, and including, the river bet. My image was (ought to have been) weak-tight. Raising a lot preflop, folding a lot postflop. My feeling was that he would call down Ace high (because of the pot odds). My feeling is also that he will not call down a check-raise(, in spite of the even greater odds).

Non standard plays are usually extremely hard to motivate logically. You will hear tons of counter arguments.
      • You can't represent anything
      • Ace high will look you up
      • You are too high up in your range
      • You have showdown value
      • It is unbalanced
      • Your bluffing range will be too wide
      • Betting out will have the same effect
      • What would he bet and fold to a raise
      • Yada Yada Yada

More gibberish:

I think that item "What would he bet and fold to a raise" is the only important one here. For a start, he will fold all his bluffs. He is also going to fold his entire fucking bet/fold range, by definition. Where the aces and baby pairs belong in his ranges, I don't know, but surely, he must know how to turn an A high into a bluff. I'm the perfect victim for it (weak-tght) I doub't that he can afford to play bet/call on the river with all Aces and pairs if he has a game plan for his LAGGY style.

He tanked and folded. It is all that matters :] .

• YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      This post should really be in my whinery, but, since I am happy anyway, I'll place it here.

There are certain days when everything goes against you, and you know it. There is nothing to do about it, just accept the facts and play smaller than usual if you still want to play. I had a disastrous session at $0.5/$1 earlier. No more big losses today I decided, but I still wanted to play. Small losses are acceptable.

I just finished a 100 hands session at $0.25/$0.50 at Full Tilt. My stats were (30/23/9) in (VPIP/PFR/3-B) which is pretty goddamned tight, especially the 3-bet. What is worse, my fold frequency to c-bets was 50% on the flop, and 50% on the turn. These are bad numbers. My own c-bet frequency was kind of low too, especially on the turn.

Moreover, I won at showdown exactly two times with WTS = 27%, no more, no less.

With these recorded numbers, the typical advice would be to watch some videos, study starting hand charts, post hands for evaluation, etc, etc. I don't think I have to, because I don't think I did much wrong. (What should I do? Post that A5s hand where I didn't second barrel on the JT97 board with a check-raise fanatic against me. Or that hand where i folded top pair + bad kicker in a 3-way pot on the turn oop after aggression from my opponents? (Would have split that one))

If I had chased my statistics, trying to maintain proper numbers, I'd have lost much much more than I did.

There is just very little you can do when you miss the flop with miles, have two cold-callers behind you, or you know for certain that you will be check-raised if you still insist on keeping barreling to make calling stations fold. It just doesn't work some days with the aggressive style. You do, believe or not, rely a little bit on actually having the best hand once in a while.

One must be able to slow down. The game has a dynamics, and a pulse. The opponents aren't stupid. If you start turning weak A highs into bluffs by playing back (because you feel that it's your turn to steal a pot), well, then you are screwed. They will look you up because they have just won eight in a row versus you and can afford it, and can probably justify it too because of the dynamics of what has happened.

Getting serial donked into by the perma-bluffer in the big blind when I was on the button was easy to handle too. I simply had to fold my 98 suited highs, and accept that he thought he had bluffed me out (when in reality his bottom pair/draw beat me).

I ended up with a 26 BB loss over those 100 hands. No regrets!

I still watched Boomers new video (micro #17). I wish I could hit the flop that hard every time I 3-bet with K9 off. It just doesn't happen a t m :f_confused: .

• YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.50/$1 (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BTN): $20.35
      SB: $7.70
      BB: $12.00
      UTG: $18.75
      MP: $31.10
      CO: $46.05

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has A:spade: T:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, CO calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.75, 2 players) 8:diamond: J:spade: 7:spade:
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50

Turn: ($4.75, 2 players) 6:heart:
      CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

River: ($6.75, 2 players) 8:club:
      CO bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.00, ...,
      fold

Hero wins $8.35

He is representing a weak made hand. Something that wouldn't like a free card falling off. I can't beat that. Or a draw. I now raise on the theory that he will fold a better hand. Basically, I don't care what he folded. I won the hand. The thing here is that he will not put me on a bluff catcher.Therefore, I win against his weak value betting hands in addition to all his bluffs.

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      WP on the last hand :)
    • SherlockHolmes2ez
      SherlockHolmes2ez
      Bronze
      Nice Blog :f_o: :f_o: :f_o:
    • SherlockHolmes2ez
      SherlockHolmes2ez
      Bronze
      Nice Blog
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      I didn't know upswings existed =) .

I could pretty much chose my own cards today - and my opponents cards. Besides, I think I played really well all day :f_biggrin: .