This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA fold flop after a 3-bet

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (MP2): $2.11 (105.5 bb)
      SB: $2.87 (143.5 bb)
      MP3: $2 (100 bb)
      UTG+1: $2.10 (105 bb)
      UTG+2: $2.38 (119 bb)
      CO: $0.53 (26.5 bb)
      BTN: $2.13 (106.5 bb)
      MP1: $1.95 (97.5 bb)
      BB: $1.89 (94.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A A
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, CO folds, BTN calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.33) T 7 J (4 players)
      BB bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.53, MP3 raises to $1.55, 3 folds

I guess fold is pretty default, yep? But what about raising in the first place? I was trying to make folks to fold their draws (at least for me, bet and re-raise would seem too scary to call with a draw), plus I hoped that BB was bluffing. Apparently he wasn't.

Also, if someone called, I should give up even on a blank turn to any aggression, right?

TY
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

Preflop: looks fine (with many fish behind we can raise bigger pre)

Flop: We shouldn't raise that flop to make people fold draws because then they would play correctly. If they call they make a mistake because they don't get the odds (unless you give them a free card).

So we raise flop for pure value and protection.

As played I'd also raise/fold especially since we got cold 3-bet bigish.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Oh, I didn't know that you are a micro NL hand judge as well! Awesome!

Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Flop: We shouldn't raise that flop to make people fold draws because then they would play correctly. If they call they make a mistake because they don't get the odds (unless you give them a free card).
      Hm, but wouldn't they make even bigger mistake by calling with even worse pot odds? :) They have good implied odds in a multiway pot by the way.

Also, I'm a bit confused, tbh. Should I prefer them calling against the odds to folding? I always preferred them folding, because I don't give a damn about their bankroll, but I do about the pot! :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If the opponents call with draws just to hit and the odds are against them then that's good for us (over the long term).

So I don't want them folding a draw when calling would be a mistake (for them).
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Oh, I got it. When he doesn't finish his draw, all the money he called will go to us. And he won't finish it more often :)

Thanks!