This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Speed AA Top Set

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $0 (0 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $5.98 (119.6 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $4.70 (94 bb)
      BTN: $12.97 (259.4 bb)
      SB: $4.86 (97.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A A
      Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.37) A 5 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.85, BB calls $0.55

Turn: ($2.07) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.45, BB calls $1.45

River: ($4.97) T (2 players)
      BB bets $2.91, Hero folds

Results:
      $4.97 pot ($0.20 rake)
      Final Board: A 5 7 K T
      BB mucked and won $4.77 ($2.32 net)
      Hero mucked A A and lost (-$2.50 net)

Villain is unknown. Don't know what happened w HM2 here, his stack is 0. But he had >100bbs

Flop: He donks close to pot-size and I raise for value and protection against flushes. When he calls, flushes, sets and 2pairs are in his range. Ax would be rare with the case A

Turn: A bad card for me, but I decided to bet again as I feel I can get value from his stated range.

River: When he donk shoves like this, it's really difficult for me. I can leave out 2pairs as I don't think he will play this way. I'm left w sets and made flush on the turn which decided to slowplay. I think he is more likely to play flushes this way though.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Checkopeh,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Considering he donked really big I like our raise for value/protection. He can donk/call Ax, 2p, 55, 77, FDs.

Turn: Bad card for us and there is some value to be gained from some Ax, the 2p/sets but not a ton since he may actually fold Ax/weak 2p (57).

I would bet slightly smaller to something like $1.15-$1.20 so I can keep more of the weaker range in.

River: It's a tough spot. The only hands that could shove that we beat are ATc and maybe the weaker sets.

I think that he could play flushes like this almost always while sets/2p not so much. So folding while tighter it's not bad.