villain re-raise on missed flop

• sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      This keeps happening to me on the SNG og 5,5so I would like to know of my approse is the right one. for instants: Raise 4 + 1 BB per limper and get 1 caller with AQ/AK the flop 5-6-10 my oppenent checks I bet 1/2 pot on rainbow 2/3 board with 2 and villain reraises 3 times my bet or even more.
  • 3 replies
    • JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      much more information is needed, very important is the effective stacksize in relation to the blinds. why are you raising 4BB + 1 per limper.. ? 3 BB + 1 per limper is fine and should be sticked to, tend to raise 2,5xBB + 1 pL at the higher blinds. this (2.5x to 3x BB) is important because you save chips when your opponent pushes all-in and you don't want to call (for any given reason) and you benefit from your smaller raise if you make your continuation bet.

assuming your example is in the first-third level you should play it like fit or fold. don't give away too many chips and therefore tournament equity while holding AK high.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      sorry about that I am talking about the early stages of a sng 5,5 with 24 BB or more. Is the continuation bet still good then on flops like this?
    • JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      yeah sure I think continuation bets should be made every time in a situation like this, especially against a single opponent since he is most likely calling with a range of high cards and he will then fold in most cases. if he just calls your c-bet you shouldn't give much action on turn and river. in the early stages you should only give action when you see good chances of winning..