This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

villain re-raise on missed flop

• sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      This keeps happening to me on the SNG og 5,5so I would like to know of my approse is the right one. for instants: Raise 4 + 1 BB per limper and get 1 caller with AQ/AK the flop 5-6-10 my oppenent checks I bet 1/2 pot on rainbow 2/3 board with 2 and villain reraises 3 times my bet or even more.
  • 3 replies
    • JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      much more information is needed, very important is the effective stacksize in relation to the blinds. why are you raising 4BB + 1 per limper.. ? 3 BB + 1 per limper is fine and should be sticked to, tend to raise 2,5xBB + 1 pL at the higher blinds. this (2.5x to 3x BB) is important because you save chips when your opponent pushes all-in and you don't want to call (for any given reason) and you benefit from your smaller raise if you make your continuation bet.

assuming your example is in the first-third level you should play it like fit or fold. don't give away too many chips and therefore tournament equity while holding AK high.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      sorry about that I am talking about the early stages of a sng 5,5 with 24 BB or more. Is the continuation bet still good then on flops like this?
    • JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      yeah sure I think continuation bets should be made every time in a situation like this, especially against a single opponent since he is most likely calling with a range of high cards and he will then fold in most cases. if he just calls your c-bet you shouldn't give much action on turn and river. in the early stages you should only give action when you see good chances of winning..