BB: $51.52 (206.1 bb)
      UTG: $26.03 (104.1 bb)

MP: $17.70 (70.8 bb)
      24/18/100%WTSD/33%W$SD - 18 hands

CO: $22.11 (88.4 bb)

Flop - standard
      Turn - donk for value vs fishy looking obv station
      River - more of the same

Now when he raises, I read what notes I had on him and turned out that I saw him do the following like literally 1-2 mins ago.

"AJo - coldcalls OOP - donk-2barrels big vs 2 opps @ Qxxxx rb - gives up R"

The fact that he gives up on the river indicates that he most likely isn't bluffing on this river when he hasn't got/hit anything ...

Yet could still be making another play when he feels like it/tilting (harder) than before ...

Also, dafuq is he repping ... KK+/33/77/A3s/AK? (prolly would raise smaller)

Narrow + note that he can be random spewy = Herocall it?

Preflop: Hero is SB with K Q
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.50) 3 3 K (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, BB folds

Turn: ($3.10) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, MP calls $1.70

River: ($6.50) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, MP raises to $12.50
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I don't get your Turn play. Just check and hope he continues bluffing.

As played, your line looks exactly like what you had here (KQ). Not too sure how often he actually has AK here. Your notes basically tell us that he is the type to bluff with 0 equity a lot. But he called your Turn bet - I don't think he floats you with air here unless he wants to get fancy.

I suppose I would just fold. I wouldn't be surprised if you induced spew somehow, but then I don't think he just calls with air on the turn.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Flop - standard

But why?

You have a 70bb station in the pot. Value bet asap imo. You need him to just barrel off if you want to check/call and then you didn't even let him do that. When you check/call flop, lead turn you look like Kx too much.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Flop - standard

But why?

You have a 70bb station in the pot. Value bet asap imo. You need him to just barrel off if you want to check/call and then you didn't even let him do that. When you check/call flop, lead turn you look like Kx too much.
      I remember thinking about whether to donk flop or not and then decided to let him cbet as it was also 100% so far and then donk turn to make sure he doesn't check back any 2nd pairs, which he won't fold anyways coz he's a station.

Now, if I had noticed the note on him right from the beginning ...
      I would've played c/c flop, c/c turn and donk river ... which leads to the same spot.

Would you rather

a) Big donk/fold for max station value from pairs
      c) Underdonk/call to get "superstationed" with everything + tickle his possible bluffmonster when he 2barrels his AQ again and misses ...
      Might get called, might get spazzraised by such hands ...
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StaticMoth
      c) Underdonk/call to get "superstationed" with everything + tickle his possible bluffmonster when he 2barrels his AQ again and misses ...
      Might get called, might get spazzraised by such hands ...
      :f_love:

Get ready to be plagiarised.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would've either bet/bet/bet a solid amount or check/call all the way (check/raise FH obv).

The problem with him betting and you calling is that you look stronger than when leading and he can cbet small amounts like he did here which you don't really want either. Even if he folds some air when you lead, getting the sizing you want in might be better for your EV than check/call and donking another street.