This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Bottom set, huge overbetshove turn

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($6.19) 62bb
      cozacu (UTG+1) ($15.06) 151bb
      CO ($5) 50bb
      BTN ($11.44) 114bb
      SB ($9.85) 99bb
      BB ($21.31) 213bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) cozacu is UTG+1 2:club: 2:heart:
      UTG calls $0.10, cozacu calls $0.10, CO checks, 1 fold, SB calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: 2:diamond: A:club: 7:club: ($0.35, 5 players)
      SB bets $0.10, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.10, cozacu raises to $1, 1 fold, SB calls $0.90, UTG folds

Turn: Q:diamond: ($2.35, 2 players)
      SB checks, cozacu goes all-in $13.96, SB goes all-in $8.75

River: 7:heart: ($19.85, 2 players, 2 all-in)

villain SB 75/5 af 0.9 hands 60

Today was nuts, so was I, pretty much sick of being rivered.

Here villain is a huge a** whale, and i directly shoved the turn, because i think he doesn't care... if i bet pot he`ll call, if i overbet shove he`ll still probably call with any FD,two pair or maybe when he`s in the mood for donating even AX.

Was overbet shoving fine on turn vs him? Or i just wanted to punish him... all jokes aside, was overbet shoving here good for maximizing value, or i should simply go with 3/4 and pot size bets?
  • 2 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I don't really like it... Would prefer to pot turn and river and play for stacks that way.

By shoving you could fold out 7x and some random hands that might call a normal T bet
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cozacu,

Preflop: I don't like limping behind here after just one limper unless the guys behind us are very fish and call too much.

Flop: Raise is fine and size is big enough.

Turn: Looks like you made a play based on emotions rather than facts/logic/etc. (ex: hate to keep getting rivered).

While the shove is not terrible we may lose value from Ax hands and even some draws.

Us betting $2 would give villain the incorrect odds to chase his draw and we make a profit.

I personally prefer a big bet on the turn.