This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA raised flop

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($4) 40bb
      UTG+1 ($19.95) 200bb
      cozacu (CO) ($10) 100bb
      BTN ($10) 100bb
      SB ($4.36) 44bb
      BB ($35.17) 352bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) cozacu is CO A:heart: A:spade:
      2 folds, cozacu raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: J:club: J:heart: 7:heart: ($0.85, 3 players)
      BB checks, cozacu bets $0.66, BTN folds, BB raises to $1.90, cozacu calls $1.24

Turn: 8:diamond: ($3.99, 2 players)
      BB bets $2.80, cozacu folds

villain was like a 28/16 mad man who just raised a hand before on some rubish flop.

Anonymous table

I though he might be just too agro and out of line there so i called flop.

Turn: ... there is no calling at this point, so we either shove or just fold it

I though that i might be slightly tilted because of how the day went, and maybe if i made the push was just because of that, so i went for the fold

What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Is 28/16 a mad man? IMO, more or less TAGgish...

It smells like a full house to me. If I were you, I would question the flop call, not to mention turn shoving.

I love the title btw, AA raised pot :D

Oh, it's raised flop, never mind then :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cozacu,

Preflop: looks good

Flop: You say villain raised a hand on a rubbish flop. Did we see a showdown or are we assuming it was a bluff?

If you expect villain to be a mad man that implies that he is aggro. So why do we call flop to fold the turn? Because he ck/raised we can assume a mad man to continue betting so calling flop to fold turn is burning money.

So if indeed he is aggro I would call flop and call down, otherwise simply bet/fold the flop.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      I was not sure what to do, there was no showdown in the previous hand, so i was only assuming it was a bluff... first i called flop with intention of calling down but then i though that my info is just not enough to make a call down + i was on my way to tilting so if i did call down and i was wrong i would proabably tilt.

I agree call flop, fold/turn is the worst option.

Do you think we could make a call down just because he made a huge raise in a multiway pot on dry board and he had an A.F. 2.7, looking back, that is far away from crazy, i should have bet/folded flop :(