Hero (MP): $50.00
      CO: $50.75
      BTN: $50.50
      SB: $53.51
      BB: $66.57
      UTG: $49.50

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.75, 2 players) 3:club: J:spade: 9:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $4.00, UTG calls $4.00

Turn: ($12.75, 2 players) 2:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $10.00, UTG calls $10.00

River: ($32.75, 2 players) 6:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $17.00, fold

Hero wins $31.12

this guy just came in an limped from CO an UTG so obviously fishy

QUESTION: What should i bet on river, i have the blocker to A flush, so i'm not too scared, but i wanted him to not be scared so bet 17, perhaps i should of just bet 11$ or 9$?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

What do you expect him to call? I assume you think sets are discounted because he would c/r so he's left with gutters that busted, Jx, 9x and flushes.

If you think the same way, it's simply hard to get value because look at how weak his range is apart from flushes. You block AJ too so he can call like KJ, QJ? I think $17 looks too much like a standard sizing. I agree with your 1/3 bet idea. I'm thinking whether a shove would get you no respect (putting you on flush or nothing) so will just snap call Jx and 9x but since he's a fish he just looks at his hand and clicks a button. Shoving might be considered against a bad regular because you look polarized and he doesn't check/call down sets or FD in this case.

Short version: 1/3 vs fish that has some flushes in his range and weak hands to make him call, possible shove vs bad reg that check/raises sets and flushdraw because of the obvious: you have the best hand always and you need him to call Jx a little amount of the time.

In case he is a spewy bad reg, I like minbetting or betting 2-3 bb here. That is if you are confident he doesn't have a set or flush when the river hits.