NL25 SH AQo

• OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Hey, I just lost platinum so I can't post at NL25 section, move this thread to basic if you want.

Had alot of tables while playing this hand, and I just called flop without thinking, I know thats bad, but what is the best line here ? Problem is I hardly have any stats from these 2 villains.
      BB is 48/13 32hands only, but he is up 2stacks ( I checked how he got them, they were setups no fishy stuff)
      CO 38/9 60% fold to cbet 385 hands.

Now the only thing that should be good here is reraise allin on the flop ? or what you suggest ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $52.35
      CO:
      $36.40
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $24.55
      BB:
      $66.35

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.75, BU calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.75) 4, 8, Q (5 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $4.25, CO calls $4.25, BU folds, SB folds, BB raises to $7.50, Hero calls $3.25, CO calls $3.25.

Turn: ($26.25) 7 (3 players)
      BB bets $7.50, Hero folds, CO calls $7.50.

River: ($41.25) K (2 players)
      BB bets $15.00, CO folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $41.25.
  • 8 replies
    • Flashman1849
      Flashman1849
      Bronze
      The following assumes that your opponent in the big blind likes to semi-bluff aggressively with draws:

I would put the big blind on a combination draw such as JhTh, Jh9h, Th9h, 7h6h, or 6h5h, and the cut-off on either a flush-draw or a weak Queen, meaning that they could well share each other's Heart outs, yet may both call if you shove all-in on the flop. (Assuming the big blind is not the kind of player to make a small flop donk-bet with a set - presumably such opponents are rare at any stakes?)

Calling the flop and then shoving for value on a safe turn-card is an option, but less profitable because you often fold the best hand on the turn, as there are only 18 safe cards out of 47 possible turns; your profit is reduced further because it's less likely that both opponents call if you wait till the turn to shove, as then they have only one more street to complete their draws.

As played, the big blind's small turn-bet looks pretty weak, so I would shove.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I think your flop raise is fine for value but when CO calls and BB 3bets I would snap fold AQ. Although you could have the best hand sometimes, it's hard to realize your equity against pairs + FD and other combo draws, not to mention you are behind 2pair+ with next to no equity.
    • Flashman1849
      Flashman1849
      Bronze
      The AQ is definitely a fold if BB is passive or could have a set, but CO has shown on the flop that he has a weak hand and so if the BB is capable of semi-bluffing with a combination draw, then against two drawing ranges you have something like 47% equity, or 43% if BB sometimes has Q8s, which is enough to value-raise against two opponents here. BB has indicated probable weakness with a tiny donk-bet and tiny raise, and I think he almost never has a set in his range.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      My problem with the hand is, CO can have anything here, he won't 3bet my raise for sure even with TOP2 or bottom set, so he is calling with the nuts aswell with an FD or maybe weak top pair, although he had high fold to cbet, so imo he doesnt call a TQ there but lets say he calls.. still I have no idea what BB is doing and I have no idea how to figure it out without more hand sample size. Usually I wait till I see a hand where I know exactly why is somebody a fish because a 45/10stat signals a big fish, which is not always true. Some of these players just get into the flop with alot of trash, but never go broke without a monsters top2 or better. My gut tells me to fold the flop and check every hand of the BB but still, thats it.. ?
    • Flashman1849
      Flashman1849
      Bronze
      On reflection, you guys are probably right, and one or both of our opponents could possibly have sets in their ranges, in which case we should fold the AQ. But I think calling is definitely the weakest play on the flop regardless.

Of course, one could also just adopt the simple strategy of "fold AQo preflop always" - it's my biggest losing hand by a large margin! But I'm sure there are ways to avoid overplaying it like I do.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      AQ is not losing, and on this flop best has to be a raise/fold, but again, had too many tables and was timing out just called "coz it was small raise", always happends when you have no time and you're against 2 fishes :D just wanted to make sure..
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Why are we excluding the possibily that CO is trapping with AA,KK?

Maybe if you post their stats it will help us analyze this better.

When a 3bet is done on the flop against a donker and a passive CO that called our 3bet I am cutting down my loses and folding there.

I feel we are behind more times than when we are ahead.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elchipriota
      Why are we excluding the possibily that CO is trapping with AA,KK?

Maybe if you post their stats it will help us analyze this better.

When a 3bet is done on the flop against a donker and a passive CO that called our 3bet I am cutting down my loses and folding there.

I feel we are behind more times than when we are ahead.
      I did post stats..