Known players:
      BU (Hero) = (€14.61)
      SB = (€19.14)
      BB = (€8.15)
      MP2 = (€10.85)
      MP3 = (€9.89)
      CO = (€9.50)

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, T.
      2 folds, CO raises to €0.30, Hero raises to €0.90, 2 folds, CO calls €0.60.

Flop: (€1.95) Q, K, A (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (€1.95) K (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (€1.95) 7 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets €0.80, CO raises to €2.50, Hero calls €1.70.

Final Pot: €6.95.
      Results follow:

CO shows a pair of kings(9 8).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(A T).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and kings(A T).
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Elda,

Preflop: Villain is not full stacked so I don't really like our 3-bet bluff here. It would be more of a 3-bet for isolation and ATo is not that strong.

Flop/Turn: Checking to let him bluff may be but since he is most likely fishy I would cbet flop here.

As played his river ck/raise doesn't make much sense so I'd probably call as well.
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      Yeah I actually 3-bet for isolation there. With AT I expected to be ahead of his raising range. Should I rather flat with a hand with mediocre playability but decent equity ?

I checked flop because of how drawy it is and how easily it could've hit his range, and the fact that I can't call a raise on this flop. Guess I should've fired after he checked the turn though.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      The 3-bet preflop is a bit thin if you don't have much info on villain. However it's better to 3-bet to isolate than call with this hand. At least we have initiative and the blinds won't often come along.

Our hand won't hit often so we do need to fire 1-2 barrels. If he is a calling station type player that's not good for us.

As far as the flop goes it's true that he has a lot of hands that hit but a lot of them are draws/worse hands like pair+draw, weaker Ax, etc.