This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [sh] nl 50 3bet for value otf with trips

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $51 (102 bb)
      BB: $89.39 (178.8 bb)
      UTG: $74.04 (148.1 bb)
      MP: $49.32 (98.6 bb)
      CO: $49.50 (99 bb)
      BTN: $82.66 (165.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A J
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 7 J J (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.25, BB raises to $6.50, Hero raises to $15, BB raises to $23.50, Hero raises to $49.50 and is all-in, BB folds

Results:
      $50 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 7 J J
      Hero mucked A J and won $47.50 ($22.50 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$25 net)

I 3bet flop because I thought from what I know about this guy that he is a thinking player and is capable or perceiving a 3bet on this flop as a bluff.

That being said I am kinda lost after he 4bets not knowing how to proceed because:
      -if I shove I fold out all his bluffs and I don't want that
      -if I call he is not likely to continue bluffing but I give him a free card and I also can't play check on the turn as he can check back once again
      -m5bet :D ?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

When he puts half his stack in, I really see no reason to slowplay. Just jam it in and hope you dominate his trips + worse kicker.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

When he puts half his stack in, I really see no reason to slowplay. Just jam it in and hope you dominate his trips + worse kicker.
      Hey,

You think he is never bluffing here? I mean it doesn't really make sense to 4bet for value :D and I see him capable of just playing back vs my bluffy looking 3bet.

Or you just think that by calling I say clearly to him that I have a hand and that he has no chance of bluffing me of it ?