[NL2-NL10] NL 10 JTs on the river

• chris210586
      Villain: 26/20 AF 4
      Flop and turn I think the must bets. When he raised the turn I put him on queen, so I think that its worth to call a raise with so many outs, and I will probably get some money on the river. Maybe this small bet was bad, but I try to get reraised and call since he's rather aggressive. ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, J.
      CO posts deadblind, MP3 folds, CO checks, BU folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.3) 2, 9, Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.21, BB folds, CO calls $0.21.

Turn: ($0.72) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.34, CO raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.56.

River: ($2.52) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO raises to $8.79, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.92.
  • 2 replies
    • nokifpp
      I think it is not wrong to raise before flop and make it either 2/3 or pot bet on te flop, i wouldnt mind stacking on the flop either if he reraises you. Turn is actually not a bad card here, even if he has trips here, you are still good, river makes your straight, i would probably call here since he rarely has a full house here and he will often be doing this with any queen or as a bluff.
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Chris,

Preflop: Since CO posted and checked I would raise here preflop. I'd make it 0.4-0.5.

As played I would not donk/fold so small on that river.

We can make it $2. As played we bet really small on both turn and river so villain can be induced to bluff so I wouldn't fold.

As nokifpp said he can do this with AQ/QJ or busted FD.