Stacks:
      UTG ($11.63) 116bb
      cozacu (UTG+1) ($10.50) 105bb
      CO ($9.85) 99bb
      BTN ($12.99) 130bb
      SB ($10.90) 109bb
      BB ($23.71) 237bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) cozacu is UTG+1 K:heart: A:heart:
      1 fold, cozacu raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, cozacu calls $0.70

Flop: 7:heart: Q:diamond: J:club: ($1.80, 2 players)
      SB checks, cozacu checks

Turn: 6:diamond: ($1.80, 2 players)
      SB checks, cozacu checks

River: 2:spade: ($1.80, 2 players)
      SB bets $1.10, cozacu calls $1.10

Villain 19/15 af 3,8 cbet 68 ftcbet 63 wtsd 25 3BET from SB = 6% 1.9k hands

FT4bet 67%

PF: 6% 3bet is not much but it's not that little either, i`m convinced AK it's quite often ahead of his range, now i did not want to go for a 4bet because he`ll just fold his junk and call or shove QQ+,AK... so i call because i think i have his hand dominated and i got position.

Flop: It's ugly because it hits his range, so i decide to check behind.

Turn: After a second check, i was thinking of betting but i was not sure if it's right or not, i thought that my AK still has some showdown value, although a bet might get rid of his PP.

River: well... i got close to 3:1, so i need @25% eq witch means if i`m good 1 out of 4 times is fine. And i considered that he can easily have a random suited connector type of hand that is trying now to get the pot because he`s got no showdown value, or some more unlikely AT,AK hand. ( at least 1/4 times)

Questions:

1) Was my decision to just call PF good? (Call vs 4bet/shove in this spot)
      2) Should we or should we not bet the turn after his second check?
      3) Is the call ok on the river? Or we should think that we`re not good, not even in 1/4 times?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cozacu,

Preflop: Since he 3-bets a good % I'd 4-bet/go with the hand here 105BB deep.

Flop: As played the board does hit his range but it hits ours a bit as well. Do you expect him to ck a lot if he hits? If he ck/raises a lot we can check back but otherwise I'd bet the flop.

Turn: As played if we bet turn we can bet river as well.

River: I actually think the call is marginal at best. His hand is Jx, weak Qx, 99-TT. Since he is aggro he'd bluff flop/turn.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      1)"Preflop: Since he 3-bets a good % I'd 4-bet/go with the hand here 105BB deep. "

Just because he 3bets a good %, it doesn't mean that he is going broke light as well, that's where i said that he is folding all his junk and shove/call(slow play monsters) so aren't we better off by just calling? I see us losing value by going for 4bet/broke - where we will be most of the time in a flip situation. (vs this villain)

2)Turn play: If we bet... it's necesarry to bet river as well, i get that.

Does Ak have any showdown value in that particular situation after villain checks turn?

3) I agree wth the marginal call on river, and agree with the range you gave him... a fold should be better dispite the good price that we are geting.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by cozacu
      1)"Preflop: Since he 3-bets a good % I'd 4-bet/go with the hand here 105BB deep. "

Just because he 3bets a good %, it doesn't mean that he is going broke light as well, that's where i said that he is folding all his junk and shove/call(slow play monsters) so aren't we better off by just calling? I see us losing value by going for 4bet/broke - where we will be most of the time in a flip situation. (vs this villain)

2)Turn play: If we bet... it's necesarry to bet river as well, i get that.

Does Ak have any showdown value in that particular situation after villain checks turn?

3) I agree wth the marginal call on river, and agree with the range you gave him... a fold should be better dispite the good price that we are geting.
      Hi Cozacu,

1)One thing you might not be realizing is that when we 4-bet our profit does NOT (usually) come from the stacking off part. That's usually break even over the long term.

Your profit comes from him folding the 3-bet and thus collecting a ton of dead money.

Calling becomes better when you can show a larger profit from his mistakes (once we know his postflop tendencies - for example if he likes to barrel a lot/spew)

2) I don't think we have muc h showdown value here (maybe just versus T9, AT)