This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A3o 3bet pot

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      i 3bet pre, cause villain has 95% ft3b over a solid sample

he always donkbets 2-3 streets every single paired/small/dry board with 100% of his range

flop id fold vs unknown but given my reads on him i cant fold a pair, turn i thought about calling and raising, but if i raise my line looks a lot like a slowplayed monster and i wanted to get 1 more street from his overcards

river is bad ofc, but i cant really fold, he'd do this with AK/AQ 90% of the time
      i even thought about a thin valueraise to be honest against some JJ-QQ but we were so deep i didnt wanna face a 3bet shove from him

iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $34.18
      UTG: $10.00
      MP: $13.40
      CO: $12.77
      BTN: $4.20
      SB: $19.50

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:spade: 3:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.00, 2 players) 2:diamond: 3:spade: 8:diamond:
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

Turn: ($4.00, 2 players) 3:heart:
      SB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00

River: ($8.00, 2 players) T:diamond:
      SB bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00

Hero mucks A:spade: 3:club: (Three of a Kind, Threes) (Pre 25%, Flop 53%, Turn 82%)
      SB shows K:diamond: A:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 75%, Flop 47%, Turn 18%)
      SB wins $14.94
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Zumpar,

Preflop: Since villain folds a lot to 3-bets I don't mind it however keep in mind that we are deeper so we can expect him to call at least more PPs.

Flop: Despite the fact that he donks often I actually don't like our call here simply because in a 3-bet pot (where his range is strong because he rarely calls 3-bets) on this board he will have hands like 99+, AdXd that would donk.

So I would personally fold.

One thing that may change my mind would be more information regarding your note about him donking 2-3 streets with all of his range. Have we actually seen him at showdown after donking 2-3 streets with garbage? And by garbage I don't mean a NFD/semibluff but rather something like QhJh on a flop like this.

Even then though his 3-bet calling range is still tight and filled up with PPs/strong draws. that would play the same way.