[NL2-NL10] TPTK 3way pot

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      i always hate these spots when i have TPTK in a multiway pot and someone donks, i never know where i stand with the hand...

FLOP: i pretty much put him on sets/FD's if he donks, maybe KQs/QJs but i think his mostly waighed towards sets/fd's
      didnt like to raise and create a huge pot 200bb deep with just TP
      TURN: i think this is a very bad call, i dont know why i called, should have just mucked... my best hope is smtg like K:spade: Q/split with AQ
      RIVER: after his turn bet i was totally sure i was dead, but now that he checks, i think it changes the whole hand. FH's and flushes would bet for sure
      i even thought about vbet against some crazy Q6/Q4 or KQ, but didnt really feel comfortable doing it

showdown is :facepalm: ofc
      -and i wanted to fold turn :D

iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $22.77
      UTG: $12.15
      MP: $15.75
      CO: $4.30
      BTN: $5.00
      SB: $18.97

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:club: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.40, BTN calls $1.10, SB calls $1.10

Flop: ($4.20, 3 players) 7:spade: 4:heart: Q:spade:
      SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10, fold

Turn: ($8.40, 2 players) 6:spade:
      SB bets $4.20, Hero calls $4.20

River: ($16.80, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows A:club: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Sevens) (Pre 44%, Flop 85%, Turn 68%)
      SB shows 8:heart: 8:spade: (Two Pair, Eights and Sevens) (Pre 56%, Flop 15%, Turn 32%)
      Hero wins $15.68
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Zumpar,

Preflop: Looks fine and I'm happy to get it in with BTN if he shoves (50 BB deep once we put 14 of them). If SB comes over the top we can let the hand go 200 BB deep.

Flop: If you put him on sets/fds then why do we call flop/turn? ;)

If that's what you assign to him simply fold the flop, especially if he is a full unknown.

As played it's hard to get value from much on the river. We can't really put him on the pairs he showed up with (unless he is a fish) and a lot of his other hands may still be slowplaying to make us bet.