UTG+1: 101.5 BB
      UTG+2: 100 BB
      MP: 143.25 BB
      MP+1: 31.25 BB
      CO: 162.75 BB
      Hero (BTN): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has J:spade: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, MP calls 1 BB, fold, CO calls 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, SB calls 0.5 BB, BB checks

Flop: ($0.20, 5 players) T:heart: K:diamond: T:spade:
      SB bets 4 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 4 BB, Hero calls 4 BB

Turn: ($0.68, 3 players) Q:club:
      SB bets 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB

River: ($0.92, 2 players) T:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 16.5 BB, SB raises to 100 BB, fold

I think the opponent somewhere between regular and standard fish, i.e. he has a game plan, but not a very good one. With not much more than a straight draw my flop call is maybe bad, but I thought that he has either hit and I get good implied odds, or he will give up and I can steal on the turn. I do not improve by much on the turn, but he apparently neither. I decide not to raise, as opponent often would have something he is unwilling to give up, and decide to call that small bet instead. should I only check river? I thought that some straights or lower pairs like 99 might still pay me off. what to do after the push? I think my opponent has K or T too often (maybe Q too), and I won't win very often.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Farb,

Preflop: With 2 limpers I prefer a raise to isolate one of them or take the pot down.

Flop: While it's true that we may have some implied odds we also have reverse implied odds as the two cards that give us a straight also make a few full houses.

As played what are we looking to get value from on the river with our large bet?

There isn't much that can call that doesn't beat us (Kx) or splits (Qx).