Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.15)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($6.70)
      CO ($2.58)
      Hero ($9.09)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.17, SB raises to $0.50, fold, Hero calls $0.33

FLOP ($1.05) 4:club: 5:spade: J:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

TURN ($2.05) 4:club: 5:spade: J:diamond: Q:diamond:

SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

RIVER ($4.05) 4:club: 5:spade: J:diamond: Q:diamond: 4:diamond:

SB bets $3.15 (AI), Hero calls $3.15

Hero shows A:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 46%, Flop 5.9%, Turn 0.0%)

SB shows J:club: J:spade:
      (Pre 54%, Flop 94.1%, Turn 100.0%)

SB wins $9.66

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: Considering SB is not that 3-bet happy overall I don't really like calling here (despite the fact that in SB he 3-bet a bit more) unless of course we have some reads out of these 900 hands.

Based on the stats he does seem passive so we may be able to steal pots from him postflop but his high WTSD may make him more of a calling station.

As played what hands do you think a passive guy ck/calls flop to donk turn and river (hands that we beat)?

Can we see him take this line with KQ? Or TT? I really doubt it.

In the best case scenario we see AQ for a split. Otherwise it's KK/AA and JJ/QQ
    • Dracsharp
      I was aware that he is bit passive still he had 8% 3b in the blinds which is obviously not pure value. Still 33% even with the possible reversed implied looking good considering we have position on him.

On flop his check either weak or trappy, i guess delayed cbet could have solved that dilemma on this flop i could easily sell that i am giving him a street to induce.

Which one do you think is better ?

I prefer dcbet in hindsight because i don't need to sell that i am protecting my hand, and chances are if he didn't bluff the flop he is not going to at the turn, so more information at the same price and free card helps me more than it does him.

Turn action was weird but he is representing value that wants me to call because he could have easily raised to flop having same information and seeming stronger. I seriously doubt he could have anything that a q helps and plays c/c on the flop. His donk and getting tptk resulted in my poor play.

I think reasonable to put him on JJ+ after flop which should make folding turn easy.

Didn't have enough time to think about all this at the table maybe i should drop from 6 to 4 tables until i get better, the problem is action sometimes peak and most of the time nothing happening.

I know my line was bad but whats the optimal line ? :)
    • BogdanPS
      For one, you are not the preflop raiser so we can't cbet nor delay cbet :)

Since he is passive I don't mind attacking the pot but we are better off waiting another street. If he indeed has nothing you will see it on the turn (he may even ck/call AK here which is not good for us because against him I don't want to barrel).

Against a guy like him I'd fold preflop, or at most 4-bet.
      If we call, I'd probably check flop and look to bet turn if he checks.