Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      BB ($5)
      ($12.13)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG+1 ($5.61)
      CO ($9.39)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, UTG+1 raises to $0.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, UTG+1 calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.45) K:club: T:diamond: 5:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

TURN ($2.45) K:club: T:diamond: 5:heart: 9:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

RIVER ($2.45) K:club: T:diamond: 5:heart: 9:spade: A:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $2.25, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $2.29

Awkward vs fish oop
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine and we can 4-bet bigger against maniacs like him (although 24bb isn't bad either).

Flop: Are we check/folding? If so I much more prefer to bet/fold even like $1.2

Turn: As played I'd bet this turn for thin value against Tx, 9x, pairs and occasional Ax. No point in giving him a free card when it's very clear that he either has a huge monster or a weaker hand (that can still call a small bet).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I agree we are clearly ahead of his range but it's hard to gain value from them especially oop without willing to go broke against them, and betting flop for 1,2 means we have half pot stack for turn not much chance of betting thin value of that and folding.

And he is aggro if anything he would bet light and i was planning to call once against him.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I agree we are clearly ahead of his range but it's hard to gain value from them especially oop without willing to go broke against them, and betting flop for 1,2 means we have half pot stack for turn not much chance of betting thin value of that and folding.

And he is aggro if anything he would bet light and i was planning to call once against him.
      19 hands is not a sample for aggression unless you've seen showdowns of his bets.

Keep in mind that villain checked flop so chances are he doesn't want to bluff (or he would bet there).

That to me says that he has sometime of showdown hand either Ax or pair. Because of that we can actually get value on the turn with a bet. We don't need to bet two streets.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I would have bet the river if not for the A, there is where he could call the lightest, PFR and Aggression often goes hand in hand so yes i judged him bit early but it is almost always true. High vpip and limping only make this read stronger because regs could have a streak but limping maniacs stay the same.

Why do you prefer betting earlier streets, if you only want to bet one ?

Betting flop and checking turn and river results in guaranteed push for maniacs in my experience :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I would have bet the river if not for the A, there is where he could call the lightest, PFR and Aggression often goes hand in hand so yes i judged him bit early but it is almost always true. High vpip and limping only make this read stronger because regs could have a streak but limping maniacs stay the same.

Why do you prefer betting earlier streets, if you only want to bet one ?

Betting flop and checking turn and river results in guaranteed push for maniacs in my experience :)
      Because the earlier the street the more hands that can call and we then also have a choice to valuebet later (let's say if we hit).

In this case can you see hands that may call turn and not river (ignore this particular river card)? I for one can see gutshots, oesd, etc.

And I still disagree, 19 hands is not a sample and while that's how we think maniacs play there are always multiple types.