I believe it's max value play however i aimed it at a jx :I
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Dry flop, a 1/2-2/3 bet is fine.

Turn: 9T gets there but Jx, 99, TT are still in good shape to call so a bet is good.

River: Are we betting this small so we can fold to a shove? I think that we are losing a ton of value here and since the board barely changed and he rarely ever has 66 we can bet bigger, maybe even shove (PSB).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I don't think his 6x is limited to pp-s since he is btn and have 50% vpip.

45,56,67 got there

Board is scary i bet little so his weak hands call.

Why do you say the board barely changed ? (every remaining draw got there, of which he has a lot)

So our target is a weaker top pair after 2 streets of heavy betting on a straight and flush possible board which could scare him. And betting more could be possible i agree but i wanted to make sure the target hands call, but showing ? How ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I don't think his 6x is limited to pp-s since he is btn and have 50% vpip.

45,56,67 got there

Board is scary i bet little so his weak hands call.

Why do you say the board barely changed ? (every remaining draw got there, of which he has a lot)

So our target is a weaker top pair after 2 streets of heavy betting on a straight and flush possible board which could scare him. And betting more could be possible i agree but i wanted to make sure the target hands call, but showing ? How ?
      What I meant was 6x. Sure he has 46,65,76,86, maybe 96 and A6.

All draws got there but he rarely has the backdoor flush, especially when we hold the Ah. Plus both draws that got there would be backdoors so it's less likely he'll end up having them.

Look at his overall range, what do you think he has? If he is such a calling station and would show up with 46 on the river then I can't see a way for him to fold TP and even some 2nd pairs.

Bring up equilab, put in all the range you think calls flop, turn and see how many combos of certain hands he has on the river (make sure we put our hand too so we don't count the Ah for him).