CO: $0.68
      BTN: $4.80
      Hero (SB): $4.89
      BB: $2.02
      UTG: $2.30
      UTG+1: $1.01

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:club: K:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, LP calls $0.02, fold, BTN calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, BTN calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.40, 3 players) J:club: 8:spade: 2:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.30, fold, BTN calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.00, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets $0.72, fold

Hero wins $0.96
  • 4 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Nice hand.

I can't even think of anything but "raise preflop 2 cents more" :)

If you stated what you are unsure about here, would be so much easier.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I'd make it $0.14-$0.16.

Postflop is fine.
      We have an overpair and we bet for value which is the right thing to do.
      If BU raises on the turn I'd fold it.

Best,
      Plamen
    • bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      Would you make the raise 14-16c because you will be playing the hand out of position? surely you want to entice action from at least one but at most 2 and would 16c pref flop raise from sb not look super strong (unwanted)?

Should you not get another streety of value out of this as the board isnt connected and the turn doesnt mean any draws got there? I would have been confident with slightly less than half pot bet here to encourage a call, is that wrong?
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bobbywelsh
      Would you make the raise 14-16c because you will be playing the hand out of position? surely you want to entice action from at least one but at most 2 and would 16c pref flop raise from sb not look super strong (unwanted)?
      Primarily because we don't want to give them good pot odds for a call. Keep it 2:1. As the first limper decides that he has good enough odds and cold-calls, it provides even better odds for the second limper. Also, you are right, we tend to add 1 BB if we gonna play OOP.

I prefer my KK to look "super strong" than have a dozen of cold-callers :) but actually it's not super strong, just a standard raise. If some fish is unaware of raise-sizing, we shouldn't care, because fish normally just ignore your preflop raise size and make solely card-dependent choices.

Originally posted by bobbywelsh
      Should you not get another streety of value out of this as the board isnt connected and the turn doesnt mean any draws got there? I would have been confident with slightly less than half pot bet here to encourage a call, is that wrong?
      It's not wrong of course, but as played it's correct as well. The thing is...you don't really want to include some sort of slowplay and fishy moves, especially with just an overpair, especially on NL-2. This is a pretty straightforward case, just keep betting for value. Bluff induce might end with a check behind.