Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

Flop: ($0.70, 2 players) 9:spade: 3:club: Q:heart:
      SB bets $0.52, Hero calls $0.52

Turn: ($1.74, 2 players) 2:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00

River: ($3.74, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows T:club: T:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Tens) (Pre 20%, Flop 12%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows A:spade: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 80%, Flop 88%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $3.50

Villain is a tight, but rather weak reg, but at least pays attention and has a decent idea of what he's doing. He's 14/12 over 1.2k hands.

I think when he donks he will often have either AQ, JJ or TT, maybe some random smaller pair. Considering I have a history with him, and I cbet pretty often, I'm pretty sure he'll just check/call or check/raise with any stronger hands. Either way, I don't expect him to have a very strong range here. However, because I don't want him to fold any of this, I called the flop.

On the turn I made a standard value bet, because he's probably not folding any of his range to such a total brick.

On the river, should I have made another value bet? I'm not too sure if he'll be willing to put any more money in with an underpair, and the only other hands he could really have that he would be willing to call with are AQ and maybe some random set (which I still really doubt, because he probably wouldn't have donked with a set.

So I didn't think there was too much value in betting. If he's willing to call with second pair, it's an easy value bet, but I don't see him calling with much weaker, tbh.

• 1 reply
    • mbml

If you want to valuebet you must make a small bet. maybe 1/3 pot?
      But checking back is fine too. I would want to see his hand.

I don't really know what he is repping when he donks flop c/c T. it's probably something with showdown value. A 9X hand? QX? TT? I don't think his actual hand is that obvious, so checking back is fine.

You could argue though, that if he bets the Flop w QX for no reason without the initiative, then I would see no reason for him not to lead the River when he improved to trips.