FLOP ($1.30) Q:diamond: 8:heart: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($2.90) Q:diamond: 8:heart: 7:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

RIVER ($5.70) Q:diamond: 8:heart: 7:diamond: A:diamond: 4:heart:

Hero bets $2.80, BTN calls $2.80

notes:

open UTG, c/r 632 mono almos 3x, fold to 3bet - so c/r can be BLUFF
      call in BTN vs CO w K4s, bet vs missed cbet 9xx 2/3, bet >1/2 7 turn, bet K 1/2 - 3 barrel bluff IP
      call 3bet IP w KJ, call cbet Jxxss, bet IP 1/5 Q, check 7 when fluysh posible
      c/c small cbet 899ss w 9T, check 4 when another flush posible, check 7 - MISSING VALUE W MONSTER

I could 3bet becasue it might be that he calls loose, as the note says he calls 3bet with KJ, but I am not sure if I had that note in the game, so flatting should be also good and bluff catching. We have note that he 3barrel bluff IP, but that was when he did not have initiative. Could be that he 3 barrel bluffs with initiative as well.

Here he cbets small, so it might be that he has a draw, and he wants to draw cheaply. I called because probably I thought I want to bluff catch him. But the problems is when draw completes and he can easily bet for value 2 streets - turn and river having cheap price for drawing on flop.

So probably I have to c/r. Not sure what amount. My hand is also not monster, so I don't want to isolate. And I don't need as much protection, because I can fold on later streets if the draw completes and he shows aggression.
      So I could raise maybe to 2.4 $, pot would be 4.5 and he would have to call 1.6. He needs 1.6 * 4= 6.4 pot size, so he needs 1.9 implied odds.

So if the draw hits and I still bet OOP then he gets his implied odds. But probably I should not bet the turn once he calls the flop and draw hits. If he has a pair, most likely TP, then he should not bet, he would like to go to showdown with it. And if he bets I could assume that he has me beat and I c/f.

And then reevaluate the river.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop 3bet is possible if you are confident he calls KJ type hands vs you as well (you also have an aggressive enough image). Just because he called vs some maniac doesn't mean he'll call vs a nit. It's all about dynamics here.

Against him, flop seems good to check/raise because he goes to showdown too often. The problem with that is that you can't barrel on many cards. 5, 6, 7, 8, T, J and diamonds are bad for you because it improves his hand or makes it impossible for you to get value. You would check/raise because you get little credit so then you have to add many pair + backdoor like 76, 89 in his range apart from some obvious flushdraw and Qx.

Knowing this I think you can either check/call or lead for value. Personally I would check because he does cbet quite often so we get to play against a weaker range than when we bet and get called.