14k hands

MP: $22.44 (89.8 bb)
      CO: $25.54 (102.2 bb)
      BTN: $10 (40 bb)
      Hero (SB): $25 (100 bb)
      BB: $32.82 (131.3 bb)
      UTG: $19.21 (76.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: 5:diamond:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.63, Hero raises to $1.60, BB folds, BTN calls $0.97

Flop: ($3.45) 7:spade: 7:club: 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero ?

Im seeing very often MSS calling 3bets with KQ/KJ, stuff like that that they dont think are strong enough shove pre-flop but that they dont want to fold. They tend to play very aggressively the pos-flop after.
      Knowing this can i consider a c/shove here? Cbet? Or just c/f?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

The problem vs MSS players is that aggressive ones shove hands like AT, AJ on the flop vs some cbettors in my experience. I can't say for certain against him though.. In a vacuum it should be +EV to cbet half pot here and do so with your whole range, folding to a raise. I prefer check/shoving more equity like A4cc, 65cc. Notice he doesn't stab very often IP anyway and given that it's quite a dry board (just some FDs for draws in both your ranges) I would usually cbet often here and small against midstackers. At the same time, make sure you construct your 3betting range properly so you don't have to bet/fold this flop too often. 3bet quite thin for value against wide MSS steals.. I think a range like 88+, AQ+ for value is only the beginning and it could be expanded to something like 55+, AQ+, AJs+, KQs+ depending on how often he folds and his 4bet tendencies. This particular opponent is not wide enough so I'd stick with the first range for value and add some bluffs such as medium to medium-high suited connectors and gappers that you think you cannot call profitably given the situation (BU range, BB tendencies, your postflop skill).

Hope it helps!