48% wwsf
      28% wtsd
      49% w$sd
      12k hands

BU 81/0
      31 hands

BB: 29/27/5.6af
      11% squeeze14k hands

Hero this month is 3betting around 7.5% with more or less the same squeeze

MP: $56.95 (227.8 bb)
      CO: $36.03 (144.1 bb)
      BTN: $25.21 (100.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $25.24 (101 bb)
      BB: $27.14 (108.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: T:heart:
      MP raises to $0.75, CO folds, BTN calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3, BB folds, MP calls $2.25, BTN folds

Flop: ($7) 8:club: A:diamond: K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, MP raises to $8.10, Hero
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I think you've made a mistake on the flop because you forgot what's your thinking preflop. :D

Think about your preflop reasoning for the squeeze. Now look at what happened, look at the board and compare range to board. Give that some thought then look at the spoiler

If your preflop plan is correct you 3bet to isolate the fishy BU and basically take the pot down often with a hand that doesn't play well.

OK, now, MP is solid and folds to many 3bets. You have ATo and he calls with BU left behind to act. What's his range there? (KK+ still possible to keep fish in, same goes for AK imo)

The flop is dealt. Forget what you have. What does your opponent have here? Now look at your hand and think how it rates compared to that.
      Your hand is quite poor against his range. Forget you have AT.. against his range you have KQ/A2 type hand. Any ace he has beats you (or almost any) but you beat just about any midpair he can have. If you bet against that range you are simply screwed. You cannot get value because you are slightly ahead when you bet.

Your hand here is at most a bluffcatcher and I would play it like one. This will also help you not check/fold this flop too often. Your range should be wide for thin value here preflop when you squeeze and when MP calls you should check/fold often. You need to also check call. I often get 'fancy' and never cbet this when I believe MP has a strong range and is aggressive.

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      So you call flop and turn? C/c, c/f?
      My problem was that the c/c flop looked a bit faced up.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lunitis
      So you call flop and turn? C/c, c/f?
      My problem was that the c/c flop looked a bit faced up.
      So what if it's face up? What can he do? You don't really crush his range now do you? :D Cbetting will actually be overplaying your hand.

Turn depends on his timing and sizing and the card ofc. Check his AFq for turn, you might be able to call turn as well since a high AFq with W$WSF and low W$SD over a good sample means too aggro + losing at showdown so bluffcatching should be a valid strategy.

LE: Your preflop 3bet was designed to exploit MP's folding and BU's calling. When the opposite happens you will have a tough time exploiting anyone anymore.