$50.00
      BU (Hero):
      $52.74
      SB:
      $51.51
      BB:
      $10.70

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.75) 5, 4, 3 (1 players)
      CO bets $2.06,

CO 4.1k hands
      24/20/6.3
      open CO 32%
      fold to 3bet 58% (CO 44% (41))
      4bet range 2.3% (CO 3.5% (41)
      cbet flop 62%
      fold cbet to raise 59% (17)
      cbet turn 45%
      WTSD 30%
      WWSF 43%
      Agg freq 37/29/20

SB 1.5k hands
      21/18
      squeeze 9%

BB SSS 1k hands
      18/18
      squeeze 14%

What do you think of PF and best line on flop.
  • 7 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I guess your calling if BB shoves, whats your plan if SB squeezes?

On the flop Im not sure whats the best play here, the board is very coordinated and vilains cbet frequency isnt very high and probably much lower on this board oop, so I expect him to have decent equity.
      Its probably super weak but I might even fold the flop. I thinks his wtsd is to high to raise flop and barrel off as he might be to stationy.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by jachis
      I guess your calling if BB shoves, whats your plan if SB squeezes?
      I would call and play in position with my good hand.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      double post
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      3bet preflop?

Against him You should be quite aggressive OTB because he opens wide in CO and calls 3bets OOP often. AQo should be easy 3bet for value imo, especially when he minraises. Depending on what you know on his 4bet range construction this can bet a 3bet/5bet given enough 4bet bluffs. Make sure you have FE when you 5bet though. 3.5% can be TT+, AK for value only.

As played, I like calling flop with good showdown value and reasonable equity. A and Q give you good implied odds because he will rep them often or be dominated when he value bets them while at the same time you can win the pot when he check/folds turn.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      3bet preflop?

Against him You should be quite aggressive OTB because he opens wide in CO and calls 3bets OOP often. AQo should be easy 3bet for value imo, especially when he minraises. Depending on what you know on his 4bet range construction this can bet a 3bet/5bet given enough 4bet bluffs. Make sure you have FE when you 5bet though. 3.5% can be TT+, AK for value only.

As played, I like calling flop with good showdown value and reasonable equity. A and Q give you good implied odds because he will rep them often or be dominated when he value bets them while at the same time you can win the pot when he check/folds turn.
      Do you think it's okay to 3bet for value here and fold to a 4bet? I don't know, I just feel paranoid about that. I considered the 3bet/jam, but also wasn't really comfortable and I did have a SSS squeeze happy and other reg who I would definitely called his squeeze.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Cold call and then call squeeze is too obv range against someone decent. Either you think they can't tell or you are one step ahead and play an uncapped range this way.

Yes, 3bet/fold is a valid strategy for value. You can ofc call here but at the same time he calls so many 3bets and 4bets quite wide to not 3bet/5bet. People don't 4bet only for value so his 3.5%will contain a lot of bluffs plus you block value hands.

I don't disagree with calling pre but you prob want an aggro dynamic with the guy so you have to expand your value 3bet range. What other hands can you add to the QQ+, AK value range? AQ is quite towards the top.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Cold call and then call squeeze is too obv range against someone decent. Either you think they can't tell or you are one step ahead and play an uncapped range this way.

Yes, 3bet/fold is a valid strategy for value. You can ofc call here but at the same time he calls so many 3bets and 4bets quite wide to not 3bet/5bet. People don't 4bet only for value so his 3.5%will contain a lot of bluffs plus you block value hands.

I don't disagree with calling pre but you prob want an aggro dynamic with the guy so you have to expand your value 3bet range. What other hands can you add to the QQ+, AK value range? AQ is quite towards the top.
      I'm trying to not be such a nit pre flop so I feel comfortable 3bet/5bet for value with a wider range. I'm getting there :)