This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 AK 3bet pot

• double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Reproduzir mão

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $49.25
      MP3:
      $49.75
      CO:
      $54.75
      BU:
      $49.25
      SB:
      $49.94

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      2 folds, BU raises to $1.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $4.00, BU calls $3.00.

Flop: ($8.25) A, 6, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, BU calls $4.50.

Turn: ($17.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.50, BU calls $9.50.

River: ($36.25) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $36.25.

Villain 378 hands
      17/13

Nice hand till river? River should I shove or bet smaller?
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I think its hard to say with so little info about villains stats and tendencies.
      If we expect him to call 3bet with QJ+, TT and JJ, I would expect him to raise his set at some point so I dont think he can have that, he can have 24 combos of AQ and AJ, and only 1 combo of QdJd, maybe we can add 98dd, 78ss, so 3combos of flushes.
      So I prefer a smaller bet to get value form worse Ax hands.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Bigger on flop ($5), bigger on turn ($12). River should be easy 2/3-3/4 pot shove and then you can value shove since he doesn't fold AQ almost ever (from my experience anyway, I always find excuse to barrel on flush cards with my J9cc) and obviously will not fold AT, T8, KT. You sometimes run into a flush, that's is definitely possible but the alternatives are check/fold or check/call.

If you cannot value bet you need him to turn hands into bluffs because a big ratio of the draws you put in his range got there. That means you aren't thrilled about check/calling. Then you have check folding in a spot where you can probably still get value and also in a spot where you can (I know I do) bluff often. I would go for the aggressive approach and bet/bet/shove this runout.

Since your sizings are not good I am not sure what to do now. Bet/fold 1/2 I assume is the best play because he doesn't raise as a bluff either, not nearly often enough either but still calls worse.