Number of SNGs to evaluate

• kenpo189
      kenpo189
      Bronze
      Hi, I want to know how much tournaments I have to play in order to evaluate if I'm a winning player or a looser player. That would be an important information to predict How much can I expect to win or how many tables I have to play after a Failed Shot. Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      If your a losing player you wont play enough to find out because you will be broke so its kind of a mute question. Learn some basic math of the game and if your confident your likely a winning player
    • kenpo189
      kenpo189
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice but I was a grinder at $3,5 at PokerStars and the only thing I cared about going up or going down between stakes was my bankroll. So, I was a winning player at those limits but now I'm playing at another Poker Room and I'm doing shots, so y bankroll it's no longer a good reference at the moment of deciding when I have to go up and when I have to go down. Virtually I can win enough to reach the bankroll that I need no to level up, and if I'm not a winning player not only I will loose at the stake, I will loose teh shot winning s too.

So, my question remains the same. How much tournaments I have to play in order to predict if I'm a winning player or a losing player.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      About 1000.
      It's not a magic number but it usually give you an idea of how well you can go. Now you can run bad for 1000 games ...it happens.....

basically the more game you have the more accurate your ROI is...there's a couple article on ROI if you google the term with Sit and go....good luck
    • kenpo189
      kenpo189
      Bronze
      Thanks, I was looking for that number. Thank you both for your answers and your time. Now I have some maths to do with that number xD
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, kenpo189! Everybody can tell you many different numbers. It mostly depends on the speed and pay out structure. Usually, top heavy pay out tournaments, like 5-6 max 70:30 that also have a turbo structure, come with a much greater variance than a 50:30:20 normal FR sng f.e. Of course it depends on the ROI you have. The bigger the edge, the smaller the variance. I suggest you read the article about variance in our strategy section. Good luck.