[NL20-NL50] when to fold AA

• daisuke3823
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP3 calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75, BU calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4.5) 8, 3, J (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3.40, MP3 folds, CO folds, BU calls $3.40, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($11.3) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

River: ($19.3) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.00, Hero raises to $30.34, BU calls $2.85.

Final Pot: $56.49.
      Results follow:

BU shows a full-house, threes full of sevens(3 3).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and sevens(A A).

BU wins with a full-house, threes full of sevens(3 3).

his stats in 15 handsvpip20 pfr13 af1 wtsd100 w$sd100
      I think I misplayed.
      where should I fold?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      Hi again,

You don't have to bet so big on the flop imo. You can leverage stacks with smaller bets plus it's a dry board where your opponents can slow play. The spot sucks obviously... Your hand becomes a bluffcatcher so you can check/call the turn if you think he can bet worse. The more passive the player the more inclined I am to fold. Not full stack and not mid stack.... Probably recreational. I suggest call turn (he can bet Jx) and fold river. Even if it's a blank, his betting range changes. River is DEFINITELY not a raise. Call or fold, preferably fold based on actions and player type.
    • DrDunne
      surely the turn is a value bet of like $7 or so? i think against an unknown villain who hasn't got autorebuy on he will most likely check back many Jx and other weaker hands if you check to him on the turn. so by betting you get value from this part of his range. otherwise if we check/call the turn we are bluffcatching when there are draws out there which i'm pretty sure isn't a good way of playing it, or is that wrong? also if we DO decide to bluffcatch then we can't raise the river and turn our bluffcatcher into a bluff.
    • EmanuelC16
      It usually is.. But if you have a nitty image you might not get value. I know I would bet with my own image but in in this specific case stacks are also awkward.