This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 sh AJo BU

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      SB: $3.68 (73.6 bb) 33/23/af 1,6/3bet 11,9/ cbet 75(8)/ hands 105
      BB: $4.69 (93.8 bb)
      MP: $6.10 (122 bb)
      CO: $4.55 (91 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.73 (114.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:spade: J:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB raises to $0.35, BB folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.75) 9:diamond: A:heart: A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, SB calls $0.55

Turn: ($1.85) 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.35, SB calls $1.35

River: ($4.55) Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.43, Hero calls $1.43

ok play he seems rather passive . What we do if we get raised in any point we get it in ?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: Have we seen what he 3-bets? I don't like defending these hands unless we know more about villain.

As played, considering the stack size, we can't really bet/fold the turn.

If he were to raise the flop what do you think his range might be?
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: Have we seen what he 3-bets? I don't like defending these hands unless we know more about villain.

I havent seen him what he 3bets . Against such a raise (close to minraise) i tend to call my entire opening range cause i get preetty good pot odds .With the itention to play them cautiously otf.

If we get raised on the flop sucks.. But i assume he is very strong like Ax always the think is that i dont know what type of ax got given that he is kind loose maybe he got worst Ax ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Noulispa,

I havent seen him what he 3bets . Against such a raise (close to minraise) i tend to call my entire opening range cause i get preetty good pot odds .With the itention to play them cautiously otf.

If we get raised on the flop sucks.. But i assume he is very strong like Ax always the think is that i dont know what type of ax got given that he is kind loose maybe he got worst Ax ?
      That's the thing in spots like this. We know with a higher probability that he will have AQ/AK in his range but we don't know what else he has and how he plays.

While I agree that we can call a wider range versus smaller 3-bets we should stay away from hands that will put us in a lot of "interesting" spots. For example we flop a J, TP, how many streets do we call? Or Axx?