[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - on the flo^p

• 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

In general I like the idea of raising against a lead here with your type of hand against most bad opponents. The problem is stack size... When you raise he will have less hesitation to ship it in with weak hands just because he is so short. When full stacked you raise and can represent more hands and he cannot just shove with a good range.

If you think he folds often enough to a raise, I like it. Calling and bluffing later is a possibility if you think he is reasonably likely to turn passive + you have some showdown value against small draws and weaker A high. Folding to the lead is definitely not too weak imo either because not knowing how to play when you raise or call will get you into big trouble so the 0EV play will be better.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      So the conclusion is that a fold is best right? Because we don't know howmuch he donks or how aggro is as on the turn.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Folding is the safe option. Since you are completely unsure of the other 2 options, yes, I think folding is going to be best now. If you had another overcard you could probably call based on possibility of bluffing later and drawing to your pair outs. With just Ace overcard it becomes more difficult to do, meaning you need more pot equity.